finding diverse places online and on the net

Reply Sat 4 Oct, 2003 09:02 am
I'm looking for the most comprehensive, and diverse assortment of online databases, directories, and information portals which can lead me to all the awesome places online that I would be interested in joining. As with all other concepts, the opportunities, and possibilities for this are endless, as are the ways of locating, and evaluating them. I want to locate the ones that would be of interest to me, given my interests, lifestyle, and goals. What I'm requesting from you is assistance in finding the largest and most accurate places on the web which contain information, and reference to all the different clubs, organizations, programs, communities, and other stuff to join on the internet. Recently I've been spending much time on the web, going from one basic search engine directory to another, and clicking on society, community, or lifestyle, and then looking for clubs, programs, organizations, and communities that are of interest to me, and could likely have the potential of profoundly enriching my life. Now I know your, probably wondering what kind of clubs, communities etc. I'm interested in. I am not currently inquiring about anyplace of a particular theme, nature, or subject. I'm looking for general online directories of all of them, which is diversified, and well categorized. I really hope that you will not mind working with me. If it would be of any help to you, in understanding what I'm trying to find on the web, I can give you some examples of online websites, which can give you an idea. If you are confused to any extent by anything I've inquired about, please don't hesitate to ask me. I'll be glad to clarify whatever you don't understand, or would like a better description of.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 886 • Replies: 6
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sat 4 Oct, 2003 09:27 am
I think I've found what you want, but it ain't free. The Encyclopedia of Associations. Most large libraries have a paper copy of this if you want to save on fees.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sat 4 Oct, 2003 09:38 am
goggle, my lad, google.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 4 Oct, 2003 03:10 pm
This should keep you busy for awhile!

Link to Usenet Groups
0 Replies

MisterEThoughts

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2003 05:29 pm
hahaha ncie this interesting
0 Replies

carrie

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2003 06:06 pm
Google is the best search engine i've found...comprehensive and informative...
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Sun 12 Oct, 2003 01:35 am
able2know has a new project related to this going on here: able2know.com/www

It's a work in progress, so it'll continue to improve.
0 Replies