speakers for laptop movie showing

hlm9

Reply Fri 22 May, 2009 08:18 pm
I show dvd movies in my church's lower auditorium on a lcd projector from a laptop dvd rom. I have been using an old set of Altec Lansing computer speakers for sound and am suprised at the sound produced. The sound quality is good, not great. Volume and distrortion is an issue.

Can you advise me on models of portable speakers that will give very good movie sound quality and volume that will interface with a HP laptop computer? Price is a concern. We are a small organization and our movies nites are free.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,033 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Rockhead

Reply Fri 22 May, 2009 08:21 pm
@hlm9,
you can integrate it with a small stereo that has an mp3 input jack.

(mine was $150 or so and is LOUD)

haven't tried it in a church, however...
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 23 May, 2009 04:15 am
@hlm9,
BOSe makes a new comvbo for MP3 and computer speakers. The use of the accoustimass subwoofer makes the bass sound more deep while the small speakers make the highs and mid range very crisp and distinct.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Sat 23 May, 2009 06:14 am
@hlm9,
Option one would be to find a decent boom box with input jacks. You might find a church member who has one laying around and use it for free. Option two would be to tie into the church's sound system if one exists. A lot of sound systems have a receiver that you could plug into.
0 Replies