our prison system is so bad

Reply Thu 21 May, 2009 05:10 pm
Yes it's true, our (the US) prison system is so bad that we can only imprison serial killers, child molesters, heinous murderers, so we can't cope with detainees from Gitmo. We would end up with arab terrorists living in out neighborhoods, probably next door. I am very afraid. (12 bodies found buried on the desert mesa on the west side of Albuquerque" Cottonwood mall is as busy as ever I may lock my front door tonight.

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 21 May, 2009 05:16 pm
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:

Yes it's true, our (the US) prison system is so bad that we can only imprison serial killers, child molesters, heinous murderers, so we can't cope with detainees from Gitmo. We would end up with arab terrorists living in out neighborhoods, probably next door. I am very afraid. (12 bodies found buried on the desert mesa on the west side of Albuquerque" Cottonwood mall is as busy as ever I may lock my front door tonight.

I wouldn't recommend locking the door. That will just slow the terrorists down.

You could helpfully leave a pile of explosives and sarin gas in your front yard, so they can pick them up as the run by after escaping from our maximum security prisons.

Cycloptichorn
dyslexia

Reply Thu 21 May, 2009 05:24 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
yeah, good point.
BillRM

Reply Thu 21 May, 2009 05:27 pm
@dyslexia,
I think the real fear is that after these gentlemen will had been brought onto American soil laws then will be apply to them as if they are charge with having rob a 7/11.

Kind of hard to have chains of evidences and other requirements courts like to see when you dealing with a battle field situation and it seem therefore likely some court will order known terrorists release.

Adding to this fun idea is that almost no other countries would take them back or in and therefore we could have known plotters of the 911 and the like walking our streets as free men.

Talk about being the laughing stock of the world.
spendius

Reply Thu 21 May, 2009 05:31 pm
@dyslexia,
I heard that two judges in Dover country were being had up for sending juveniles to privatised jails for a kickback. For pulling faces at traffic wardens.
dyslexia

Reply Thu 21 May, 2009 05:37 pm
@BillRM,
Yes Bill, I'm positive the ACLU will make sure terrorists move into your neighborhood hopefully your next door, I'm sending an extra donation to ACLU this month.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 21 May, 2009 06:38 pm
I don't wanna die!
dlowan

Reply Thu 21 May, 2009 09:38 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

I don't wanna die!

Pity.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Thu 21 May, 2009 09:51 pm
@dyslexia,
good luck to any terrorists decide to move where I live.

(it is difficult to mimic the locals, I will tell ya...)
BillRM

Reply Thu 21 May, 2009 10:49 pm
@dyslexia,
Hell if so I will need to stop my membership dues to the ACLU!

Sorry I am not fearing the ACLU but our laws of evidence and treatment etc is clear and work well when dealing with a teenager robbing a 711 or even a serial murderer however when the chain of evidence start half way around the world and when you was not dealing with police officers but with solders on a battlefield somehow I can see the courts having little choose in many cases but to drop charges.

The whole idea of bringing them into the court system is so they can have the same rights as any other defended is it not?

Their day in court where all the normal safeguards such as chain of evidence is apply to them is not that what you are wishing for?
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 21 May, 2009 11:32 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

I heard that two judges in Dover country were being had up for sending juveniles to privatised jails for a kickback.
For pulling faces at traffic wardens.

In England, is it illegal to pull the faces of traffic wardens ?
aidan

Reply Fri 22 May, 2009 12:54 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:

He said, 'pulling faces AT traffic wardens'- that means making faces at them David. I'm sure these juveniles didn't so much as touch the traffic wardens' faces.

But as far as the subject goes, I was thinking that if these people suspected of terrorism were put in the regular prison system - they'd not make it through one 24 hour period alive.
Someone somewhere would make sure they paid for what they'd allegedly done or were planning to do to Americans, law abiding or otherwise.

Of course different people might have different opinions on how good or bad that particular outcome might be. I'm just stating what I believe the outcome would most probably be.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 22 May, 2009 03:06 am
@aidan,
aidan wrote:

Quote:

Quote:
He said, 'pulling faces AT traffic wardens'- that means making faces at them David.
I'm sure these juveniles didn't so much as touch the traffic wardens' faces.

I see; its best to leave their faces alone.(IMO)

Quote:

But as far as the subject goes, I was thinking that if these people suspected of terrorism were put in the regular prison system - they'd not make it through one 24 hour period alive.
Someone somewhere would make sure they paid for what they'd allegedly done or were planning to do to Americans, law abiding or otherwise.

Of course different people might have different opinions on how good or bad that particular outcome might be. I'm just stating what I believe the outcome would most probably be.

SO STIPULATED
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 22 May, 2009 03:14 am
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:

good luck to any terrorists decide to move where I live.

(it is difficult to mimic the locals, I will tell ya...)

Vladimir Putin blew my mind a couple of years ago
in a 60 Minutes interview: he can speak in the most BEAUTIFULLY,
delicately perfect, natural American English u can conceive.
U 'd never doubt that he 's a natural born American.

Then I remembered that he was a KGB officer.
KGB was very evil and very good at it.

`
BillRM

Reply Fri 22 May, 2009 06:16 am
@OmSigDAVID,
KGB agents was evil but not CIA agents?
parados

Reply Fri 22 May, 2009 07:14 am
@BillRM,
Surely you realize Bill that torture is not evil if GOD is on your side.
BillRM

Reply Fri 22 May, 2009 07:52 am
@parados,
Yes I cry every night over the idea that people who help plan flying planes into our buildings forcing people to jump to their deaths are in any way or in any manner have to suffer any degree of discomfort.

Shame on us.
spendius

Reply Fri 22 May, 2009 09:22 am
Those who can speak the most BEAUTIFUL, delicately perfect, natural English English would not have needed an explanation of my traffic warden jest.

T'was a mere conceit of mine in the way of suggesting an extremely minor offence and a response to the ridiculous suggestion that the US prison system is in such a parlous state that it only has room to house those who have committed the serious offences of which dys spoke.

Assuming a literal interpretation of dys's words, such as anti-IDers are wont to do of the Biblical record, irony not yet having arrived within the purview of their numinous intelligence, I took advantage, some might think unfairly, of assuming that readers here, especially those who would beg to suck figs from the anti-IDer's fundament, would also take it that way. Literally I mean.

Obviously that would be silly because dys's remarks suggest that the US prison system is full to the gunwales of serial killers and whatnot and I thought it best to reassure fig addicts, in view of the size of the US prison population, that this is not the case and supporting the assertion by drawing their attention to the Pennsylvania judiciary's alleged propensity, eagerly and alacritudinously exhibited even, to send juveniles to correctional insitutions run on business principles in return for certain considerations, probably, though not necessarily, of a pecuniary nature, for offences hardly much more dangerous to the public welfare than pulling faces at traffic wardens.

It might work, it would certainly be less expensive, if the detainees were given an intensive course in alcohol, spliffs, cheap whores, this last being a method of deconditioning a hankering after virgins, and a grounding in the advantages of US mores and sent on their way with a bailout cheque with which to purchase a small business. "That'll larn 'em" as Berthold Brecht said.

I accept that there will be some opposition to such a sensible suggestion from those, especially those who will stand to benefit from the course being presently pursued, who have little understanding of human nature. But what is the alternative. Decades of wrangling and we all know what that adds up to in the legal balance sheets not to mention the lazy afternoons when editors look through what has been said before and which they expect their readers to have forgotten in the ecstasy of eye-popping, vein throbbing indignation.

If Pavlov was working on positive conditioning using the rewards intrinsic to the American way of life on Afghan tribesmen he would have them helping with the washing up and trimming the edges of their lawns faster than you can say Democritus Pseudomantis who has, incidentally, been said to have been the translator of Pantegruel's Prognostication, Certain, True and Infallible. A sort of 16 century Jack Robinson no doubt.

It says little for the American way of life were that not to be the case.

And it says little for the intelligence of their leaders, who have been having it off with their wives and daughters while they have been suffering, that they will not take it for granted that they have been "turned" and will thus shoot them on sight. If only as a precaution.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 22 May, 2009 10:39 am
@spendius,
spendius wrote:
Quote:
Those who can speak the most BEAUTIFUL, delicately perfect,
natural English English would not have needed an explanation of my traffic warden jest.

1. I am not Vladimir Putin, in disguise.

2. My mother was an English citizen. I am not.
(I 'd have been an Englishman, if my uncle had not gotten
into a fight with my grandfather over English table manners.)

3. It is a fact that it is with some considerable difficulty
(and not always successfully) that I endeavor to understand what u have in mind in your posts.
U have recently called attention to possibile cultural immiscibility.
This may well be the culprit.

David
Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 22 May, 2009 10:47 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

3. It is a fact that it is with some considerable difficulty
(and not always successfully) that I endeavor to understand what u have in mind in your posts.
U have recently called attention to possibile cultural immiscibility.
This may well be the culprit.

David

It is not. I converse with others from his culture on a daily basis, who are easy to understand and quite lucid in their speech. It is not a cultural phenomenon or some failing on your part; quite the opposite in fact.

Cycloptichorn

1. Forums
  2. » our prison system is so bad
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/01/2024 at 01:10:42