Yahoo Mail Security

Pitter

Reply Wed 13 May, 2009 03:28 pm
How secure (or insecure) is yahoo mail? More specifically how secure are items in your inbox, sent mail and drafts?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 3,026 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Letty

Reply Wed 13 May, 2009 03:33 pm
@Pitter,
hey, Pitter. Don't know exactly what you mean by secure. I get very little spam there, and use the classic mail. Perhaps you could elaborate as I am no techie.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 13 May, 2009 04:18 pm
@Pitter,
Well, I know someone whose yahoo account was hacked, and I started getting spam from her address. Don't know how it happened.

My working assumption is that nothing is totally secure.
0 Replies

Pitter

Reply Wed 13 May, 2009 04:49 pm
Well I guess what I mean is is it easy for a newbie hacker to gain entrance to your yahoo mail with out the password? Or not so easy? And are yahoo mail accounts frequently tageted or not?
roger

Reply Wed 13 May, 2009 05:55 pm
@Pitter,
Just gussing, you understand, but I think all mail services are equally targeted. You open an attachment and let in a virus which has the ability to spread to everyone in your address book, regardless of which service is being used. Anyway, that's my understanding.

I don't open attachments unless I know the sender, and get confirmation from them that they have sent that particular email.
0 Replies