ossobuco

Reply Thu 30 Apr, 2009 04:40 pm
@chai2,
Hah, I can see you didn't read my guess on the youtube site..

chai2

Reply Thu 30 Apr, 2009 04:48 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

Hah, I can see you didn't read my guess on the youtube site..

no, sorry, I missed it.... Sad

let me go back and look at your posts.
chai2

Reply Thu 30 Apr, 2009 04:53 pm
@chai2,
oh yeah, I see it now. Well then, you and mismi will share the prize.

shewolf said she thought it could be an urban Victory Garden.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Thu 30 Apr, 2009 05:34 pm
Let me see if I have this right.....instead of the traditional solution of greenery or fencing or window treatments these people put in this hideous "art"???? AND GOT AWAY WITH IT!!

farmerman

Reply Thu 30 Apr, 2009 05:50 pm
@hawkeye10,
Hey Hernando. Hows it hangin? So it was an art thing eh? Wheres the little naked boy takin a piss?
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 30 Apr, 2009 06:25 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:
no, sorry, I missed it.... Sad

let me go back and look at your posts.

Yeah, and you missed mine in this thread, too!

As to the answer why you never saw anyone there (till now).

[sticks tongue out]
ossobuco

Reply Thu 30 Apr, 2009 06:57 pm
@Reyn,
So, wait, what prize do the Miz and I get?
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Thu 30 Apr, 2009 07:14 pm
@rosborne979,
rosborne979 wrote:

Artwork maybe? Or an experiment of some type?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 30 Apr, 2009 07:22 pm
I seem to be adversant to understanding the video, must gather my wits.
Seems to me a lot of people do this kind of thing with a hedge and nice gate to the height of the offending light beams.. but that is oft frowned on in some circles, or, housing tracts (same thing), or city zoning specs. Also often ignored by homeowners, especially if street traffic is truly obnoxious.

While still adversant (what the hell?), I'm listening, could learn something here.
mismi

Reply Thu 30 Apr, 2009 08:30 pm
@ossobuco,
Cool...what do we get for being closest to right?

ossobuco

Reply Thu 30 Apr, 2009 08:32 pm
@mismi,
Is there some chance we could... shop.. together? (glee)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 30 Apr, 2009 08:49 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:
The creator, Armando http://armandomoncada.com/home.html was there, and explained it was a type of plantscape. The owners were concerned they would get all the glare from the oncoming headlights of cars coming down the street that runs directly toward their house. The purple tubes are for irrigation. People driving by are supposed to see the wooden side, and the people living there will have a verticle lawn.

I love his Garden Street garden http://armandomoncada.com/section/33553.html

It's very much what I'd imagine having in that sort of climate.
0 Replies

candide

Reply Thu 30 Apr, 2009 08:53 pm
I bet you it's a sculpture.
BorisKitten

Reply Fri 1 May, 2009 06:42 pm
@candide,
And here I thought it was a very large Cat Grass cultivator.
0 Replies

aperson

Reply Sat 2 May, 2009 01:00 am
Ew ew ew ew eeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwww!!!! Chai is a southern American inbred racist yokel!!!!!!!!!!

My guess is that they are to measure light intensity or something... but even that sounds completely wrong.
0 Replies

aperson

Reply Sat 2 May, 2009 01:02 am
Oh, it's art... so meaningful... *cough*
0 Replies

Developsense

Reply Mon 4 May, 2009 07:45 am
@NickFun,
Fantastic. Im the builder. Developsense, Inc. These are garden panels designed to provide privacy from headlights shining into the house at night, and a nice ambiance in the front yard. The irrigation is connected to the sprinkler system as an additional zone to provide the correct amount of water to the panel for any grass or plant. This panel swivels into 5 positions. The homeowner can choose to view the fence side, or swivel to view the garden side. Also, the swivel is designed to capture the correct amount of sun for the plants. This is the answer to people who love to work in the garden, but have a bad back. Or, someone who thinks outside the box.

Thank you for the post! If you have any more questions, please contact me. Have a great day!

Nick Nelson
[email protected]
LostBlackBook

Reply Tue 5 May, 2009 12:57 am
@NickFun,
NickFun wrote:

It would appear to be some sort of alien communication device. I could be wrong. Maybe ask the owners.

In a sense, it can be viewed as an alien communication device. More precisely, it is the alien equivalent to a bug zapper and the message they're trying to get across is that they think humans aren't too terribly bright. They believe that the best lures to toss out there are shiny objects guaranteed to cause motorists to stop with their camcorders.
0 Replies

aperson

Reply Tue 5 May, 2009 06:44 pm
@Developsense,
Interesting idea, I wonder if it will take off. Apologies for writing it off as art... yea...
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 5 May, 2009 06:57 pm
@Developsense,
Quote:
nice ambiance in the front yard

Really? maybe you have to be there in person to appreciate, cause from the video this contraption comes across to me as jarring and ugly.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/18/2024 at 08:06:18