Silent Auction Ideas

fealola

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2003 07:09 pm
Do not be discouraged!
0 Replies

janlee

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2003 01:35 pm
Auctions
Very Happy It's a lot of work, but when the cause is worthy, it makes everything seem much easier. Try sending a letter to local businesses, amusement parks in other cities, hotels in those cities, etc. Give the business the details and tell them IF it is tax deductible. That seems to help! We have an auction on November 14th and we have been working for months, but most of the auction items (expensive items or baskets go in oral - about 25 items - and less expensive in silent) are just now coming in. Follow-up the letters with personal visits and phone calls. Be creative with things like computer services, automotive garage certificates, dinner at your door, weekend away, etc. Find the people in the organizations who will donate Pampered Chef, Avon, Party Lite, Tupperware, and Longaberger. I am doing this auction for a school where being Principal for a Day might be worth some big bucks!

Good Luck and thanks to everyone for their ideas for me also. I needed a little boost too! Jan
0 Replies

zrock

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 04:43 pm
Re: Silent Auction Ideas
sozobe wrote:
I've mentioned before that I'm in charge of this silent auction fundraiser. It's happening the end of December. Things are going well but not fantastic. Would love to get some ideas to kick-start things.

Hello Sozobe,
Just wanted to check in to see how the event is coming along for you.
0 Replies