What's Wrong with the "Google News" site?

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 5 May, 2009 06:29 am
@Phoenix32890,
No, you have not heard from me about this. Wanna know why? 'Cause I'm a chicken. I started to follow the suggestions, and I came to a point where I received a message.

"Freely translated", the message said something to the effect that if I did not know what I was doing, I could screw everything up..........................and I was not going to mess with that.

Anyhow, I was bereft of Google news for a month. Today, I decided to click on the news link, and lo and behold, it worked! Go figure. Shocked
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Tue 5 May, 2009 06:58 am
all good things come to he who waits
Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 5 May, 2009 07:38 am
@dadpad,
I use a program called, "Registry Mechanic" which finds things that are awry with my registry, and fixes it. It does stuff that I would not dream of doing manually.

Anyhow, maybe there was something out of whack which was fixed by the program. That is the only thing that I can figure.
0 Replies

Ron B

Reply Wed 13 Aug, 2014 11:24 pm
@Phoenix32890,
I have exactly the same problem with Google News - zilch happens. Furthermore I find that YouTube is acting a bit lethargic too. All other sites that I use are working fine, so clearly something up with Google.
Ron B

Reply Wed 13 Aug, 2014 11:34 pm
@Ron B,
maybe it can only accept a select number of viewers at a time!!!! we just have to wait our turn. still not working for me dammit.

oops, no sooner than I wrote the above than Google News came back to life!!!!
0 Replies