Will someone explain this to me?

Letty

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2003 08:04 pm
My Gawd, Grand Duke? Wow! Where have you been?

This is supposed to be Christmas, not Easter.

Sorry, Just looking at the dates on this thread.

Osso, still wanna know about hand colored gravure.. Smile
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2003 09:37 pm
What's that, colorized old black and white photos? I don't know anything about it, but I bet Boomerang does...
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2003 05:56 am
Good morning.

Osso, I have two lovely pictures that I suspect are rare. They are of landscapes and obviously in oils. The signature is by someone named Roberts. On the back is a tag that says: Hand colored gravure. I understand the process of gravure, but I have often wondered about the origin. I don't think that I have ever seen any others quite like them.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2003 01:58 pm
Hmm. In some big cities they have days where you can take your item in question to experts to look at. In LA, there is a place called Butterfield's that does that. Or there was. Metropolitan Home magazine used to have a column where you sent a photo; don't know if that is still possible. GWlightwizard knows a lot about art prints, and may have advice about where you could find out.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2003 02:17 pm
Thanks, Osso. There are art dealers here, but I haven't taken them to any. Maybe after Christmas. Who knows. They could be worth a zillion dollars. Laughing
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2003 02:27 pm
Chat rooms are where I go to pick up hot lesbians, as a hot lesbian. Of course all the hot lesbians are probably 27 year old drunk males.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2003 02:37 pm
er, Slappy. Don't spend all your Christmas bonus in one place.
0 Replies