getby the firewall

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2003 07:00 am
hi all,
there's a firewall with a proxy server installed in my office...is there any way that i can circumvent the firewall and download exe files?

also, i don't have access rights priveleges on my PC...how can i obtain the administrator password and login as admin??
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 633 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2003 09:26 am
I'm sure there is a way but what you have sounds liek an IT department that is trying to prevent you from doing so. Based upon your explanation it's not possible to tell what measures they are using and therefore not possible to tell what measures would circumvent it.

As to obtaining the password, well, there is no legal way to do that if you do not own the PC.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2003 01:00 am
Re: getby the firewall
rishikesh wrote:
hi all,
there's a firewall with a proxy server installed in my office...is there any way that i can circumvent the firewall and download exe files?

also, i don't have access rights priveleges on my PC...how can i obtain the administrator password and login as admin??

There are a number of ways to obtain a password and obtain administrative privileges over a network or individual computer, some among which would be:
1) At gunpoint
2) By seduction
3) By covert observation
4) A course of intensive study in the field of computer and network security with an emphasis on hacking
5) "Brute-Force" trial-and-error
6) Get yourself a sufficiently senior position within the IT Department of your firm
7) Bribery
8) Blackmail
9) Simple direct theft
10) The password Fairy

Some of these methods take less time than do others, but all offer various, often significant, even daunting, challenges and obstacles, along with varying prospect of success.
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2003 11:03 am
as for the access priveleges bit:
11) Use a special boot disk that can change or reset any user account on your operating system, including administrator (simple if you have physical access to the PC).
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2003 11:05 am
And there are also programs to allow you to crack windows passwords.

But if you are not the owner it's still illegal. :-(
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2003 11:22 am
Monger wrote:
as for the access priveleges bit:
11) Use a special boot disk that can change or reset any user account on your operating system, including administrator (simple if you have physical access to the PC).

Craven de Kere wrote:
And there are also programs to allow you to crack windows passwords.

Yeah, Password Fairies and Pirate Boot Routines are cool. I've enjoyed them since the days of COBOL and DOS. They sure were were a helluva lot easier to write back then, and Back Doors were far easier to find. I miss "If-then-else" and "Peek" and "Poke". <sigh>
0 Replies