My First Hardwood Floor Casualty

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2009 09:12 am
My poor knee.

And my poor floor.

Not one day into having the floors completed, I trip at the bottom of the stairs, fly through the air, land full force onto my right knee and slide not so gracefully across my brand new floor....with car keys in hand. *sigh*

Right after I was able to stop screaming in agony and swearing in every language known to man, I rolled over to check the floor. Thankfully, I didn't get through to the wood. But the top coat is all scratched to pieces.

Couldn't I have had it perfect for just ONE day???
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 5 • Views: 809 • Replies: 11
No top replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2009 09:49 am
@Bella Dea,
Bella Dea wrote:

I thought that all parents know instinctively that the answer to this is always "no."
boomerang

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2009 10:02 am
Drew Dad is right.

I remember my mom's mantra "Why can't I have anything nice.....?" while we all tucked our chins and toed at the floor.

Consider yourself lucky -- Mo scribbled all over our new hardwoods with a sharpie. Once you get the first damage under your belt the rest are a lot easier to take.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2009 10:20 am
I am kinda glad it was me and not the dogs or the baby.

0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2009 10:24 am
Agreed.

It's always easier to be mad at yourself about such stuff.

I hope your knee is okay and your dignity is intact.

What kind of wood did you put down?
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2009 11:48 am
@Bella Dea,
OUCH!!!!!!!!!!

the first scrape is always the worst!

with kids and dawgs.... you end up worrying less and less about each scratch.

yep tho - why.... just one day of it looking perfect - oh....... how many times have I said that.

(when I was 17, got my first "Founders Day" smart dress for a real big occasion at school - bit like your Prom I guess ('cept I never really did the girl clothes thing) - it had this ridiculous flower on it in the neckline which I decided to get rid of... pair of scissors... cut it off - BIG cut in dress... ended up with a stupid feather to cover up the cut. O4FS just ONE dress for one day - ha - no chance!)

hope the knee gets better real quick - floors can be repaired - glad you didn't do yourself major damage.
Bella Dea

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2009 12:51 pm
@Izzie,
My knee is black and blue but I'll make it. LOL
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2009 12:52 pm
Brazillian Cherry.

It looks so good. Mr. Green
dyslexia

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2009 12:59 pm
my wood floor jumped up and hit me directly on my left hip requiring surgery implanting an artificial device into my body. It's oak.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2009 02:09 pm
@Bella Dea,
It's not a scratch. It's character.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2009 02:29 pm
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:

Bella Dea wrote:

I thought that all parents know instinctively that the answer to this is always "no."

We recently acquired a very large, very expensive, very beautiful area rug to adorn the floor in our living room. Our cat threw up on it right away. I knew that was going to happen before we even laid it down. Murphy's Law never lets you down.
Thomas

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2009 02:34 pm
@Debra Law,
Debra Law wrote:
Our cat threw up on right away.

Sure she did. It's how they christen things.

Bella Dea, my mother's last dog was a wall eater. Apparently the walls in her new house were especially yummy. Let's just say you are not alone.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » My First Hardwood Floor Casualty
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 07:38:45