BMW Rolls Out New Marketing Tool ALong with Its Roadster

sumac

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 10:51 pm
BMW has just introduced its new roadster, or will soon. To go with that they have been innovative in the marketing realm as well. Short films - of 10 minutes or so - some with big names, are available for viewing on BMW's website. I'll try to bring along a link the next time I stop by.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 3,158 • Replies: 9
No top replies

jespah

Reply Fri 22 Nov, 2002 04:22 pm
Hey, great minds think alike! Lightwizard has something on these films: http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1217
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 22 Nov, 2002 04:41 pm
You got that right -- yes, I realize these are marketing tools but it won't make me go out to buy a BMW thinking I will get into the car and immediately become a suave super spy or anything else. The films actually are intriguing and entertaining short stories with directing and acting comparable or better than some feature films!
Will this work for them? It's institutional advertising which is difficult to track -- if you walk into a BMW agency, I'm not sure if the salesman will ask or document that you were attracted to the product from these films. It's a lot like a "thank you for buying a BMW," now dig this!
0 Replies

Matrix500

Reply Fri 22 Nov, 2002 07:14 pm
Although the BMW films are fun to watch, I don't think that they're needed to sell the cars...They pretty much sell themselves. All you need to do is drive one yourself, and if you like driving at all, you'll be sold.
0 Replies

Matrix500

Reply Fri 22 Nov, 2002 07:18 pm
For me, it's more important to see what reviewers like Consumer Reports or European Car magazines have to say about the cars. An online movie may turn me on to a new model, but I'm going to need more info than is given in a fantasy flick before I bite.
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2002 05:40 pm
I do like those short movies. Of course it would not make me buy a BMW. Not even my nephew gets me to buy a BMW and he works for the company and thinks BMW is god's gift to mankind. Well, I like Italian cars - and I don't care about Consumer Reports when buying a car I have to admit. This might not be very smart - but my Alfa Romeo is a lot of fun to drive!
0 Replies

Matrix500

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2002 10:11 pm
I like to check through Consumer Reports annual car issue because they list the problems that have been found in the cars over the years...I've had BMW's for years, but there are some models/years I would avoid like the plague because of things like electrical problems, etc...they can get costly and aren't a lot of fun.

P.S. BMW's are God's gift to mankind. Very Happy
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sun 15 Dec, 2002 12:42 pm
Matrix, my nephew really likes you ;-)
0 Replies

JooP

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2003 01:32 am
Successful Short Film Marketing drive
Hey Guys,

A bit late as far as responses go but it I think the concept worked 100%

The whole idea of the campaign was not to be a deciding factor for buyers to go out and purchase a BMW. Rather, what the films promote or play on rather is a persons emotive feel for something. I have not had 1 negative response from the films and based on research we did if anything the campaign succeeded in portraying the BMW brand in a far more postive and exciting way to somone who woulud normally be neutral.

I think there plan was to get the attention. The man on the street will look twice now at a BMW and definetly create more of an awareness which could lead to an enquirey at a dealership where the Dealer Principles Sales team will have direct communication with the client (direct marketing) and that will in turn increase the potential sale 100 fold.

The dam awesome too. Great job I think
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2003 04:09 am
Welcome to a2k, JooP.

I haven't received any mails about new films for quite a while. Do you know if they are still making them? I also liked them a lot.
0 Replies