Queen Elizabeth II relaunches Royal Website

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2009 06:26 pm
perhaps the queen is posting on a2k ?
would her webname be "royal bee" ?
what about her avatar ? one of her beagles ?

http://technology.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/tech_and_web/article5718297.ece

Quote:
Queen's website gets multimedia makeover
The Queen unveils new website today, giving subjects and surfers more access to the Royal Family than ever before .
She regularly e-mails her grandchildren, enjoys listening to her iPod, and has become something of a YouTube phenomenon. Today, the Queen burnished her growing technological credentials by relaunching the royal website, with new features that even the most web-savvy whizzkids could be proud of.

More used to carrying out official duties with a sceptre and orb, Her Majesty instead unveiled the new site with a remote control, at a reception at Buckingham Palace.

Cyber-tourists can now take a virtual tour around some of Britain’s landmark royal palaces, with people able to view high-quality panoramic images of Buckingham Palace and Windsor Castle. The site also includes clips from the popular Royal Channel on YouTube, and access to rarely seen footage and documents from the Royal Archive.

But the new site contains even more advanced technological features. The Royal Diary of Engagements will be integrated with Google Maps, meaning that people will be able to print off a simple map showing the places where the Queen will visit, or even check it instantly on their iPhones.

the website is actually quite interesting :

http://www.royal.gov.uk/

unfortunately i was not able to acces the link to the stamp collections - the link of most interest to me ..
i was glad to read that much of the collection in still unsorted in boxes - at least i'm not the only one with a messy stamp collection .
hbg

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,591 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Foofie

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2009 10:27 pm
In my opinion, going to this website is entrancing, if one is an unrepentent Anglophile.
0 Replies