The Vatican claims Darwin's theory of evolution is compatible with Christianity

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 7 • Views: 2,161 • Replies: 11
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2009 08:21 am
Uhm . . . is that a typo, or is this some cool new online abbreviation i haven't hear of yet?
Thomas

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2009 08:43 am
@DrewDad,
What else is new? The Catholic Church has been accepting Darwinian evolution for many decades now. It's the theologically conservative Protestant denominations that have clung to creationism.
djjd62

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2009 08:56 am
first aliens, now evolution

the whore of babylon is getting restless
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2009 10:20 am
@Thomas,
I've some scholl reports from my grandmother - issued around 1910. She attended a private Catholic boarding school, a grammar school, and the nuns taught her about Darwinian evolution (in the 10, it seems).
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2009 10:24 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Uhm . . . is that a typo, or is this some cool new online abbreviation i haven't hear of yet?

Second one. Variation of 'owns' used by skript kiddies.

Cycloptichorn
Foxfyre

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2009 10:28 am
I would guess that a very large majority of Christians have no problem with Darwin taught as plausible scientific theory that has stood the test of time and scrutiny. I would also guess that a very large majority of Christians do have a problem with Darwin taught as a closed-minded religion with nothing outside of Darwin or in addition to Darwin permitted as even possibility.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2009 10:30 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pwn
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2009 10:31 am
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:

What else is new? The Catholic Church has been accepting Darwinian evolution for many decades now. It's the theologically conservative Protestant denominations that have clung to creationism.

Don't go interrupting my Gunga-baiting with facts!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2009 11:27 am
@Cycloptichorn,
I am so delighted to be au courant . . . i just can't wait to use that while texting . . . if i ever know someone who wants to receive a text message from me to whom i would be willing to give my telephone number . . .

Thanks Cyclo and DD . . . my knowledge of the world and language has been immeasurably enhanced . . .
OGIONIK

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2009 11:30 am
@Setanta,
supposedly "pwn" was a typo used by unreal tournament legend "f4tal1ty"

and everyone jumped on the bandwagon.

i pwned you
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2009 12:25 pm
http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/misusing_slang.png
0 Replies