Green Witch

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2009 06:51 am
@Chumly,
Chumly, You will probably do very well with soapmaking. The best soap makers are usually people who enjoy chemistry and are technical thinkers. I think it has to do with following the formulas, you can't just wing it, you need science.
If you don't like scent, you can leave it out. I make my husband a non-scented soap and one with a little vetiver and sandalwood. I think he prefers the non-scented, but uses the scented because he knows I like it.

Swimpy, I've done beer. It's harder to get right than soap and a bigger investment. Also, depending on state laws - you might not be able to give it away or sell it and it can only be consumed on your premises. That means you end up with a bunch of drunken friends in your living room.
Swimpy

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2009 08:14 am
@Green Witch,
Quote:
That means you end up with a bunch of drunken friends in your living room.

I don't see a problem. Wink
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2009 02:16 pm
Chumly, if you have a Loblaws affiliate grocery store near you, check out their new President's Choice "puritas" line of bath products -- "formulated with naturally derived plant-based ingredients and enriched with botanicals" ...blah, blah, blah...none of the bath bars had SLS's (that I noticed) although one had titanium dioxide as an ingredient. There's a line of baby products so there should be something gentle enough for you.

(Note: the liquid shower gels DID contain SLS's)
Chumly

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2009 02:35 pm
@Tai Chi,
I can buy President's Choice stuff so I'll check it out!
0 Replies