so michael phelps got busted with weed?

Mame

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 09:07 am
@Frank Apisa,
Exactly, Frank, and who cares what parents of young children think? This is a good chance to give a lecture if they're so inclined. Time kids learned nobody's perfect and for America to realize illegalizing pot is just plain stupid.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2009 04:52 am
I don't want the dude crucified. I don't want ridiculous marijuana laws putting folks in jail for getting high if they so choose. It's just my feeling that if a kid asks me if its a good thing for him/her to do, I'd tell them I don't think so. And we don't all have to agree on that.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2009 08:35 am
@snood,
I think kids smoking pot is a very, very bad idea, Snood.

Kid,

There is no way to watch you every minute, so if you are are determined to smoke pot...you are going to smoke pot no matter how many reasons I give you not to do so.

Do it if you absolutely have to...but I will make this suggestion.

Seek out the kids in your school who do not smoke pot...you know, the kids some of you think of as “not with it”...and start sucking up to them. Practice kissing their butts, in fact. Because chances are, you are going to be doing that for the rest of your life, so you might as well get in some practice.
OGIONIK

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2009 08:37 am
@snood,
snood wrote:

I don't want the dude crucified. I don't want ridiculous marijuana laws putting folks in jail for getting high if they so choose. It's just my feeling that if a kid asks me if its a good thing for him/her to do, I'd tell them I don't think so. And we don't all have to agree on that.

i love how most his sponsors gave this response , pretty much Razz

"we dont give a flying **** what he does outside he Olympics, but inside them he won 8 ******* gold medals."
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2009 11:15 am
On the news a few days ago, there was a clip of some officer talking about arresting Phelps. But I didn't get the gist of that. Arrest him for what? I thought the crime was possession. Can you get busted for using? Two months ago?
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2009 12:21 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
I think kids smoking pot is a very, very bad idea, Snood.

So do I. But I think kids driving cars or drinking alcohol is a bad idea and that there's a lot of things parents just have to teach their kids is not for their age even if they see other adults doing it.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2009 07:22 pm
Quote:
The Associated Press
Thursday, February 5, 2009; 7:55 PM

PORTLAND, Ore. -- Cereal and snack maker Kellogg Co. said it won't renew its sponsorhip contract with Olympic swimmer Michael Phelps because of a photo that showed him inhaling from a marijuana pipe. The Battle Creek, Mich.-based company said Thursday that Phelps's behavior _ caught on camera and published Sunday in a British tabloid _ is "not consistent with the image of Kellogg."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/02/05/AR2009020502897.html?hpid=topnews
OGIONIK

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2009 07:38 am
@hawkeye10,
kellogs lost some business.

gg.
rosborne979

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2009 10:00 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:
The Associated Press
Thursday, February 5, 2009; 7:55 PM

PORTLAND, Ore. -- Cereal and snack maker Kellogg Co. said it won't renew its sponsorhip contract with Olympic swimmer Michael Phelps because of a photo that showed him inhaling from a marijuana pipe. The Battle Creek, Mich.-based company said Thursday that Phelps's behavior _ caught on camera and published Sunday in a British tabloid _ is "not consistent with the image of Kellogg."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/02/05/AR2009020502897.html?hpid=topnews

I think they're over reacting. People won't remember this in a year.

Imus is back on the radio. Nobody remembers or cares about the hoopla from before. Phelps is a great athlete and he's in his 20's, he'll get his act together. Who else should kids look up to, Lindsay Lohan?
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2009 10:22 am
@OGIONIK,
OGIONIK wrote:

gg.

I don't know, man. A bowl of Frosted Flakes is quite nice after a wake-and-bake.
coluber2001

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2009 01:44 pm
@Gargamel,
I don't know what wake and bake is, but I guess it's the munchies. I was so shocked to learn that young people smoke dope! Yes, and young people also like frosted flakes when stoned. Good idea, but maybe Kellogs only wants to sell to the anal retentive set.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2009 04:31 pm
@coluber2001,
Well, I don't see what the big deal is with pot, generally speaking, unless you are totally stoned and trying to drive.

disclosure: I've smoked it, enjoyed it, it's not my thing and hasn't been for decades. If nothing else, I don't want smoke in my lungs, I crave fresh air, unless maybe I'm terminal, and even then I'd prefer a really good scotch. I understand pot agriculture is much more sophisticated now (see New Yorker article, Dr. Kush) - or at least is in California.

I read yesterday that the Olympics drug watch folks have mj on a list re not okay during x period, but they don't look for it 'off season'. That's a crude paraphrase, and I've no immediate link.

Now, I can see worrying individually about Michael Phelps, if I were his psychologist, perhaps not for the reasons that everyone else is, but I'm not and the rest of us aren't.

Kellogg's --- it is to laugh.
I'd boycott them, but I don't eat that stuff anyway.

The whole blow-up thing of making Phelps ashamed about a private party enjoyment of pot in a non competitive time period, is, oh man, just tooooo weird.

Don't get me going on legality.

0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2009 03:40 pm
It would have been so easy for him to do an R. Kelly and swear that it wasn't him. He's in profile and half of his face is hidden by the bong. If someone showed me that picture and asked who it was, I wouldn't have had a clue.

I've got to give him credit for owning up to it. I can think of so many who wouldn't. Or didn't. And never will.
OGIONIK

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2009 12:02 am
@Gargamel,
Gargamel wrote:

OGIONIK wrote:

gg.

I don't know, man. A bowl of Frosted Flakes is quite nice after a wake-and-bake.

the biggest loss was cheez its.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2009 12:03 am
@eoe,
FYI a stoend driver has prolly way less chance of an accident.

its like woah!! im going so fasssssttt!!

(15 M.PH. ROFLMFAO)
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2009 12:18 am
Where did all the role models go. Wonder who Phelp's role model was?
0 Replies