so michael phelps got busted with weed?

OGIONIK

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2009 08:29 am
rofl. i was wondering why his rosetta stone commecrials suddenly disappeared.

rofl phelps.

poor guy.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 13 • Views: 4,856 • Replies: 35
No top replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2009 08:33 am
@OGIONIK,
Great picture in the British papers of him giving head to a giant bong.

Tough to deny what was happening...and the guy immediately fessed up...like an ethical adult would do!

Gonna hurt him financially...because of the horseshit American attitude toward the weed of crime.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2009 09:24 am
This won't hurt him at all.

And good for him. He can just sit back and smoke dank every day for the rest of his life. He's golden.
rosborne979

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2009 09:25 am
@OGIONIK,
I think if I had millions of dollars in endorsements and my athletic future depended on breathing efficiency I would find a better vice to waste my time on than weed.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2009 09:26 am
@Gargamel,
There is no such thing as bad publicity, eh?
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2009 10:01 am
It appears one of his buds sold him out. took a phone pic at a house party in SC in November and cashed in.

(wonder what a pic of a famous friend being publicly trashed is worth these days...)
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2009 01:22 pm
Michael Phelps in training for next year's first annual High Times Pot Olympics. Here we see him working on his freestyle bong toke.

http://cdn.buzznet.com/media-cdn/jj1/headlines/2009/02/michael-phelps-smoking-pot.jpg
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2009 02:01 pm
@kickycan,
Let he whose lips have never touched a bong...cast the first seed!
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2009 02:04 pm
I wonder if there's any way for him to find out which one of his 'friends' sold him out?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2009 02:08 pm
I wish people would get the stick out of their ass over weed.

I dont smoke it anymore simply because I dont want to. But because I dont want to , does not mean it should be illegal.

We are already becoming a militant over controlled society . Why are we so hell bent on weed?

**** it. If you want to sit on your ass all day eating cheetos... DO IT.. who cares.
It isnt my lungs. It isnt my life.. why does it matter to people so much?

if you dont like it , dont do it.. but quit passing your judgment and your ideas on to everyone else.

A young rich kid smokes weed.
Whoa. Big horse ****.

Would people rather he be another RKelly and piss on teenage girls to get off??
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2009 02:48 pm
One commentator mentioned that Phelps endorsed McDonald's and that is probably more unhealthy than pot.
eoe

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2009 04:59 pm
He didn't endorse Mickey D's. He's a Subway pitchman who never hid his love for McDonalds. But he's young and at or damn near his peak of athleticism so a little weed and a coupla big macs aren't gonna hurt him.
snood

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2009 09:09 pm
Well,
I smoked my share of dope back in the day. But I do understand how some young parents of young kids who think everything the olympic hero does is golden might be a little upset at the prospect of this big hero toking on a bong.

Sure it ain't gonna hurt Phelps - he prolly has energy and lung tissue and motivation to spare. But little pimple-faced johnny whose big athletic accomplishment is climbing a third of the way up the rope in gym class might not bounce back so quick from a few encounters with some good weed.

Just sayin...
eoe

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2009 09:17 pm
You're absolutely right. That's the sad part. But what stinks most about this for me is the rat who sold that picture. I'd hate to think that Phelps was just at some party smoking dope out in the open. Surely he can't be that stupid. Was this a so-called friend who took it? I can't imagine having my friend rat me out that way.
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2009 10:05 pm
@eoe,
that pic could easily have been worth $100,ooo, what seasoned celebs know that newly minted do not is that you can't trust anyone. I bet the Phelps knew that the pic was being taken, knew who was doing it, and thus knows who sold him out. His mistake was allowing the pic to be taken , being too trusting. He will not make that mistake again.
eoe

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2009 10:10 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

that pic could easily have been worth $100,ooo...

if not more.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 05:40 am
@wandeljw,
wandeljw wrote:

One commentator mentioned that Phelps endorsed McDonald's and that is probably more unhealthy than pot.

ZING!
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 05:40 am
@eoe,
eoe wrote:

He didn't endorse Mickey D's. He's a Subway pitchman who never hid his love for McDonalds. But he's young and at or damn near his peak of athleticism so a little weed and a coupla big macs aren't gonna hurt him.

AWW! : (
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 05:41 am
@snood,
snood wrote:

Well,
I smoked my share of dope back in the day. But I do understand how some young parents of young kids who think everything the olympic hero does is golden might be a little upset at the prospect of this big hero toking on a bong.

Sure it ain't gonna hurt Phelps - he prolly has energy and lung tissue and motivation to spare. But little pimple-faced johnny whose big athletic accomplishment is climbing a third of the way up the rope in gym class might not bounce back so quick from a few encounters with some good weed.

Just sayin...

damn you. i totally cant do pull ups or climb ropes.

Sad anyways been sober for quite a while. damn this job search!
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 07:29 am
He came clean...and didn't try to bullshit the troops.

Handled the outing a lot more adult than Clemens, Clinton, Nixon...or many others who added "cover up" or denials to their transgressions.

Like Wolf said, I wish we'd get the stick out of our ass about pot.

It ain't good and there is a health cost-- but the bottom line is that it is a hell of a lot more benign than some of the crap that's legal.