if we lift restrictions on national parks would the corporations not harm them?

OGIONIK

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2009 09:57 am
my dad is a big ass conspiracy guy, hes against the system, but hes a conservative, i dont know left or right wing what they mean but hes the kind of person who supports sarah palin.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 724 • Replies: 6
No top replies

OGIONIK

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2009 09:59 am
@OGIONIK,
anyways, he supports taking down restrictions on national parks.

is this a correct observation? that if we let them take over parks and extract resources they woudlnt be harmed?

i dont know how to explain it to him, hes against corporations because they are ruthlessly greedy, but hes supports them being ruthlessly greedy?
OGIONIK

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2009 10:08 am
@OGIONIK,
ogm nevermind, ehs ajust a complete ******* moron. i hate to say i an\am froim his genes.

we talks **** about obama, im like *proved wrong*

well blah blah switch subject.

the defense of idiots in denial
OGIONIK

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2009 10:10 am
@OGIONIK,
my dad is whtie as **** " ic an get darker than him int he sun"

GOOD ******* GRIEF.

i say i dont care about his colo,r well they do, the people who voted him in!

hes not full black, NOONE ******* CARES OMG OMG OMG I CANT BELIEVE THIS MORON IS MY FATHER.

good god save me.

How can you save the ignorant when the refuse to accept reality, when they refuse to accept facts, when they deny truth, when they inhabit the realm of stupidity willingly
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2009 12:43 pm
Corporations (mostly oil, gas, lumber and coal) have been raping public lands for decades. Private companies make billions from lands that the American tax payer supports and technical owns. They destroy millions of acres and feel no need to fix any damage they do unless forced by the EPA and DEC. One of the big news stories lately has been mountain top mining in West Virginia. Coal companies have destroyed huge sections of the Blue Ridge mountain range by literally chopping up mountains and throwing it down on the land and people below. They have allowed toxins to saturate the surrounding environment and it is showing up in the deformity of amphibian life. Corporations extract what they need, throw a little grass seed around when there done, and go off to count their profits. For 8 years Bush has basically given away or sold cheap the beauty of our public lands to greed and private gain. Before him, Reagan ("You've seen one tree, you've seen them all") was the happy whore of America's parks and open space. As of yesterday, Obama said he was putting a stop to many of these allowances. For that I am grateful.

There is tons of information on the web. You just have to look for it.

Here's some video from Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziuFW-7h1LM

farmerman

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2009 01:15 pm
A great man said this about the specific potential National Park
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Leave it as it is. You can not improve on it. The ages have been at work on it, and man can only mar it."
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Mon 26 Jan, 2009 05:15 am
@Green Witch,
the virginia mountains, thats what i was thinking of.

my dad is stupid,

we were arguing in luckys baout evolution. he brought up

"if a tornado goes thru some wood can it build a house>."

i was like REALLY DID U JUST SAY THAT?

I WAS LIEK CHAOS THEORY? SCIENTIFIC METHOD?
he said he bleives in random mutations and survival of the fittest, i said, umm thats evolution buddy.

of course, he denied it.
0 Replies