Be Your Own Favorite A2Ker!

Ragman

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2009 10:59 am
@Intrepid,
Sorry, your humor is finely tuned. Sometimes in my haste and my own narrow focus, I miss incidences of ironic humor.

Hey, I just noticed you spelled the word as humour not humor. Are you, or were you, an UK-er?

Ahh! I just looked! I see that you live in Canada, which 'splains the spelling.
djjd62

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2009 11:04 am
@Ragman,
your neighbours to the north always spell their favourite words the correct way Razz
Ragman

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2009 11:07 am
@djjd62,
You might say that it keeps them in good favour!
djjd62

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2009 11:09 am
@Ragman,
a recent review of a canadian dictionary, now has the american version listed as preferable to the british, but old habits die hard
Intrepid

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2009 11:11 am
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

a recent review of a canadian dictionary, now has the american version listed as preferable to the british, but old habits die hard

That is how I want to die.
djjd62

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2009 11:12 am
@Intrepid,
Very Happy
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2009 11:13 am
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:

Sorry, your humor is finely tuned. Sometimes in my haste and my own narrow focus, I miss incidences of ironic humor.

Hey, I just noticed you spelled the word as humour not humor. Are you, or were you, an UK-er?

Ahh! I just looked! I see that you live in Canada, which 'splains the spelling.

That's ok. As an aside, and I hope not outside the realm of this thread, it is interesting that if someone like Gus, Chai2, Shewolfn or even Calamity Jane had written what I wrote most people would have understood it and not taken it in any other way.

I guess it is hard to make the A list on A2K. Smile
Ticomaya

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2009 11:17 am
I'm my favourite A2K poster because I'm an asshole, but I'm also sharp as a tack.

It's true, because I saw it on one of those A2K list thingies.
Ragman

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2009 11:18 am
@Intrepid,
yup, especially when ones misses incidences of ironic humour, eh?
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2009 11:19 am
@Ticomaya,
You made a list? I am envious.
Foxfyre

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2009 11:25 am
@Intrepid,
Well for the record, of all those posting up to this point, only George, Edgar, Rockhead, Roger, Marty, Eva, Letty, Francis, Frank, Phoenix, Dj, Dlowan, ehBeth, Bear, Jes, Shewolf, Intrepid, and Tico are on my list. (If I overlooked somebody who posted already, you're supposed to be there.)

(And this includes the one or two who have invited me off of A2K, those with whom I have had some intense verbal sparring but like anyway, and some I could just hug to pieces.)

So even if you haven't made any lists so far, you have now. Smile
Intrepid

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2009 11:28 am
@Foxfyre,
My list would include those folks too. Oh, and you too.
Foxfyre

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2009 11:28 am
@Intrepid,
Intrepid wrote:

My list would include those folks too. Oh, and you too.

Sniff...you left me out. Sad

Oh damn. You edited and put me in.

Darn, and here I thought I had an unblemished record Smile

Shoot. I think I left Ragman off the original list. You're supposed to be there Raggy.
Intrepid

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2009 11:29 am
@Foxfyre,
Nope. You posted before my edit. Wink
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2009 11:37 am
Poor Cyclo and Zippo - see what you started -

It's great to be wonderful, but it's more wonderful to be great.
mismi

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2009 01:45 pm
@Sglass,
Those who are on my list know it... Very Happy
Sglass

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2009 03:02 pm
@mismi,
I like you style mismi
mismi

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2009 03:56 pm
@Sglass,
Wink Thank you
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2009 04:03 pm
I have thought long and hard on this particular subject, weighing the pros and cons of the various A2K members, and while there are many who have worked their way to the top of my list, there is only one who actually made the climb and triumphed on top the hill, and that member is Mismi.

My vote has been cast.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2009 04:06 pm
A very close second was sglass, but because she had lost her avatar and shown signs of weakneess, I had to push her down a rung.

The pitiful look on her face as I pushed my size 12 boot into her shoulder in a downward motion was almost too much for me to bear.

But... I had to be fair. sglass was pushed down a rung and mismi scrambled to the top.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/16/2024 at 11:26:50