IT'S A NEIGHBORFUL DAY IN THE BEAUTYHOOD . . .

ehBeth

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2009 02:35 pm
@djjd62,
Root beer's here. Three varieties. We'll do another little sampling.

Just tried some Stewart's.

Urp.

Definitely not as herb-y as Mugs (my current big brand fav).
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2009 01:31 pm
We had a 50 degree temperature swing in these here parts.. Still below freezing, tho. It's amazing how warm 20F feels.
littlek

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2009 01:34 pm
more snow over night and through today - seems to have stopped. One of the neighbormen actually shoveled our shared walkway - for once! It is...... around freezing. More snow forcast for tonight. Total will be over 8 inches, maybe over a foot.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2009 01:55 pm
@Swimpy,
I know!

We're headed to the sledding hill. It's a balmy 27 degrees.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2009 02:28 pm
We got six or seven inches overnight, and it has been snowing on and off all day, but a very light snow. The temperature, though, took a wild swing, and i have been sweating and overheating badly out there while shovelling or walking the dogs. The little girl dog was very disoriented and uncertain on our walk. I think that enough snow fell in a short enough period of time that she could not recognize anything, and it's possible that it covered scents sufficiently that she didn't know where she was. We stumbled on some squirrels who needed discipline, though, and that perked her right up.
hamburger

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2009 03:13 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
i have been sweating and overheating badly out there

if you see someone nekkid strolling through your neighbourhood , it's not a streaker , it's set trying to cool off ! <GRIN>
hbg

... just strolling , officer ! ...

http://www.keyetv.com/media/news/c/d/8/cd845293-45a9-4110-895f-9c04476a5fc2/Story.jpg

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2009 03:39 pm
Yeah . . . i wish those cops would stop buggin' me . . .
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 09:31 pm
@squinney,
squinney wrote:

20 below??!!

No Way I'd be your neighbor. 13 over night and only 18 right now. That's cold enough. High today of 34. Looking forward to a high of 54 next Friday.

When it gets this cold in the South it's just a damn shame not to have snow to go with it.

Whoo HOOO! Currently rain mixed with snow changing to snow showers in about an hour. A couple of inches expected over night with total accumulation by tomorrow evening of 5" - 6" !!

The first snowflake hasn't dropped and most of the schools across the stte are already closed. Smile

I'll be makin' snow angels if anyone wants to join me around noon!
0 Replies