Rapid and sudden collapse of Mexico and Pakistan predicted.

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2009 03:27 pm

Military Report: Mexico, Pakistan at Risk of 'Rapid and Sudden Collapse'

TEOTWAWKI
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,007 • Replies: 19
No top replies

rosborne979

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2009 03:54 pm
@H2O MAN,
Legalize drugs. Cartels gone. Gangs gone. $Billions saved. Problem solved.
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2009 04:06 pm
@rosborne979,
rosborne979 wrote:

Legalize drugs. Cartels gone. Gangs gone. $Billions saved. Problem solved.

Would decriminalizing the production and distribution of said drugs solve the problem?
Would the free market economy be made healthier if the war on drugs stopped immediately and stood down?
MontereyJack

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2009 04:16 pm
It's got a good chance of happening. The end of Prohibition pretty much destroyed Al Capone's and Frank Nitti's profit margins.
rosborne979

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2009 04:16 pm
@H2O MAN,
Yes. It would help solve many problems and would benefit the economy in several ways.
rosborne979

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2009 04:20 pm
@MontereyJack,
Correct. Same problem, same solution. The value of drugs comes entirely from their illegality. Legalize them and you undermine the fundamental business model.
0 Replies

rabel22

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2009 04:23 pm
@rosborne979,
Agree!!!!
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2009 04:25 pm

Do you think it's possible that somebody capable of making this change in policy a reality be following this topic?

Without their drug money, I bet terrorist activities worldwide would drop off rather quickly.
rosborne979

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2009 06:02 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:
Do you think it's possible that somebody capable of making this change in policy a reality be following this topic?

Unfortunately no. But I'm gonna keep stating my case anyway.

H2O MAN wrote:
Without their drug money, I bet terrorist activities worldwide would drop off rather quickly.

Agreed.

0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2009 06:04 pm
@H2O MAN,
I bet the Coca Cola business model would improve dramatically, if only they could make the stuff instantly addictive. Maybe not so good for consumers, though.
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2009 06:35 pm
@roger,
Take some of the money saved from the war on drugs and make a real effort to teach the consumer how not to be the dreaded victim or a sucker.
Less suckers and victims walking around would be a big plus to the worlds economy. Honesty would become the norm.

roger

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2009 06:48 pm
@H2O MAN,
Teach the consumer? Honesty would become the norm? Whatcha been smokin', dude?
H2O MAN

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2009 10:23 am
@roger,
roger wrote:

Teach the consumer? Honesty would become the norm?

Yes and yes. Real change that you can believe in.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2009 01:03 pm

New and Updated Information
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2009 02:10 pm
@H2O MAN,
Quote:

No, US terrorism would still continue unabated.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2009 02:12 pm
@H2O MAN,
Quote:
Honesty would become the norm.

Honesty is something that you know precious little about. That's evident from your postings.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2009 02:26 pm
JTT, how can you type with every one of your orifices plugged and one in each hand?
rabel22

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2009 03:22 pm
@H2O MAN,
WOW!!, Waterman. That was an intelligent post.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2009 04:18 pm
H2O MAN wrote:
Take some of the money saved from the war on drugs and make a real effort to teach the consumer how not to be the dreaded victim or a sucker.
Less suckers and victims walking around would be a big plus to the world’s economy. Honesty would become the norm.

I agree with you about decriminalizing drugs as part of an alternative approach to drug use in the US, and that teaching consumers is also part of an effective approach to drug use, as evidenced by the anti-smoking and anti-alcohol propaganda campaigns. What are you referring to, though, when you say that honesty would become the norm? Do you mean that the country would be honest in acknowledging that fact that there will always be a steady rate of drug use by the population?
H2O MAN

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2009 04:27 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

What are you referring to, though, when you say that honesty would become the norm?
Do you mean that the country would be honest in acknowledging that fact that there will always be a steady rate of drug use by the population?

Yes.
All cultures have issues with herbs and drugs - turning a blind eye to the issues
and making it illegal enough to warrant a full blown war has not helped anyone.

Most want what they can't have and decriminalizing drugs may in fact start a trend of reduced consumption.
0 Replies