Strange Iems in Food

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2009 04:08 pm
While pulling the piece of bay leaf out of my mouth, I reflected back, at all the things I have seen, or experienced in food. At the top of the list is a tooth.

Please share.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 6 • Views: 694 • Replies: 13
No top replies

mismi

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2009 04:37 pm
@alex240101,
I thankfully have never had anything that interesting - a hair once at a restaraunt was fairly traumatizing - but I recovered quickly. Of course - I didn't know if it was mine or someone elses - still...ew
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2009 05:06 pm
I once bit into a sandwich made with a store's brand bread. It tasted odd. Held it off a bit to have a look. Rat droppings embedded in the crust. I tell you, it spoiled my meal.
mismi

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2009 05:10 pm
@edgarblythe,
GOOD GRIEF - that might have spoiled a few meals for me...
0 Replies

alex240101

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2009 05:20 pm
Plastic in squid.
Boullion cube. Hard as a rock.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2009 05:53 pm
We were eating breakfast at a hotel in Oak Ridge Tenn. My lab partner was eating pancakes and discovered half a roach. He assumed that he consumed the other half, actually I slipped the Yuk Yuk roach onto his pancakes and then said "whats that on yer pancakes?"
He fukkin freaked, and was sick foe the rest of the day. I told him on the plane home and he didnt speak to me for like a week.
You can buy many of these rubber insect parts at novelty stores and if you cut them in half, the laughs come quickly.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2009 05:59 pm
@farmerman,
Yeh, I remember a novelty shop under the El in Evanston...

You're a meanie.

(I've a friend in Oak Ridge, one of the evanston Secret Pine Club Members, who grew up to marry a nuc physicist and then live there.)
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2009 06:14 pm
I once was eating lunch with my boss at a construction site. He was having a bite of a sandwich, when a bee flew in between his teeth right when he bit down. I swear I saw the bee chopped in half in the instant it took for him to realize and spew the food and insect out of his mouth. I laughed heartily, but poor old boss went off a ways and began throwing up. I felt bad for him but could not quit chortling.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2009 06:17 pm
a staple in the rice at one of the posher Indian restos in town

when I pointed it out to the waiter, he matter-of-factly told me that it probably came from the rice bag. mmmm yeah okay. I won't be back, and I'll tell everyone I know locally not to come here.

I haven't gone back and I do tell people. A little more concern on the part of the waiter wouldn't have come amiss.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2009 07:04 pm
@edgarblythe,
I understand. I once took a swallow of spoiled chocolate milk. Haven't had any interest in chocolate milk since.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2009 07:30 pm
@roger,
I never uderstood the term, "mental anguish," before that incident.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2009 07:36 pm
Luckily for me, so far, all I've run into a few times is a hair.

Farmer, if we ever meet, I'm keepin an eye on you. You're bad Laughing
0 Replies

alex240101

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2009 08:58 pm
Great Stories.
Was with a buddy at Taco Bell. He was eating an enchirito. When we finished, I noticed a tine was missing from the plastic fork.

0 Replies

tarakesh

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2009 11:18 pm
A roach among stirfry green beans in a Beijing restaurant. I was about to put it in my mouth when I noticed the legs!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Strange Iems in Food
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 10:47:50