Texas death row inmate pulls out eye, eats it

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2009 06:34 pm
Texas death row inmate pulls out eye, eats it
By MICHAEL GRACZYK, Associated Press
1 hr 5 mins ago

HOUSTON " A Texas death row inmate with a history of mental problems pulled out his only good eye and told authorities he ate it. Andre Thomas, 25, was arrested for the fatal stabbings of his estranged wife, their young son and her 13-month-old daughter in March 2004. Their hearts also had been ripped out. He was convicted and condemned for the infant's death.

While in the Grayson County Jail in Sherman, Thomas plucked out his right eye before his trial later in 2004. A judge subsequently ruled he was competent to stand trial.

A death-row officer at the Polunsky Unit of the Texas Department of Criminal Justice found Thomas in his cell with blood on his face and took him to the infirmary.
more. . .
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,617 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 11:58 am
@InfraBlue,
Anyone ask him how it tasted?
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 01:31 pm
he cuts the hearts from his wife and daughter and digs out and eats both of his eyes, and now he's crazy

two hearts removed, not crazy, one eye removed and eaten, not crazy, next eye removed and eaten, ding, ding, ding, we've got crazy man folks

but it looks like they're still gonna execute him, god bless texas

Linkat

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 01:52 pm
@djjd62,
I guess it is a bit obvious the guy is insane. However, because most people who murder are insane - there is a difference between being insane for a crime and just simple insanity.

Either way I don't want this guy as my neighbor.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 01:53 pm
@djjd62,
And if he was hungry - wouldn't this be a reasonable thing to do - eat your eye?
djjd62

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 01:55 pm
@Linkat,
i'm not saying he should be spared it just seems like after the first eye he seemed pretty insane
parados

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 02:01 pm
@djjd62,
He's been eying that insanity defense for several years now.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 02:30 pm
@djjd62,
I could see eating the first eye being insane, however, if he found it to his liking, then it would seem very reasonable to poke out your other and enjoy. What else does he have to do in there any way?
0 Replies