gungasnake

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2008 11:19 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Quote:
how'd that serious threat work out?

Good question and I don't have an answer for it at present. It's as if nobody really wants the job; McCain appears to have deliberately thrown the election and Oinkbama not only didn't want it originally (Blago was supposed to be the candidate as of two or three years ago) but he appears not to be even legally qualified to hold the office and I'll believe him being in the whitehouse when I see it.

Sometimes in industry when a job consistently attracts the wrong kind of people or when nobody wants it, they abolish the job.

gungasnake

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2008 11:24 pm
@CalamityJane,
Quote:
She has a brilliant mind (Colombia University grad)...

Man, I must've missed this one first pass....

Brilliant mind?? Have you ever listened to this woman???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W85XJADEHxU

I mean, who the hell woujld want a fricking valley girl for a US senator??

Quote:

bigdfan1211 (41 seconds ago) Show Hide

This woman is a joke, you know. You know, I think Palin is more intelligent than this woman. Um, at least Palin worked hard to achieve her dignity and success where as Kennedy had every thing handed to her on a silver platter. How in the hell did this woman get into Harvard and Columbia...um you know?

gungasnake

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2008 11:27 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
One of the problems is that anybody actually qualified to hold the job would be making twenty times as much money in private industry.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2008 07:04 am
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:

Quote:
She has a brilliant mind (Colombia University grad)...

Man, I must've missed this one first pass....

Brilliant mind?? Have you ever listened to this woman???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W85XJADEHxU

I mean, who the hell woujld want a fricking valley girl for a US senator??

Quote:

bigdfan1211 (41 seconds ago) Show Hide

This woman is a joke, you know. You know, I think Palin is more intelligent than this woman. Um, at least Palin worked hard to achieve her dignity and success where as Kennedy had every thing handed to her on a silver platter. How in the hell did this woman get into Harvard and Columbia...um you know?

like bush you mean.....

gungasnake

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2009 08:48 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Quote:
like bush you mean.....

Worse, if that's possible...

The thought experiment here goes like this more or less:

Put yourself in the position of Adolf Hitler; you've just won WW-II, England caved from the strangulation by the U-boats and Russia threw in the towel shortly afterward, and the next agenda item on the list is to get together with all the nazi race theorists and devise the ultimate eugenics program for the world.

And while that is just getting started, somebody comes in and describes the Kennedy family to you. I mean, that pretty much has to blow the whole theory apart and send all those guys back to the drawing boards.

I mean, if memory serves, John and Jacqueline Kennedy were more than a little bit bright; how do their two kids, with no obvious genetic defects and with every advantage of family, money, name, and prestige, end up such total losers?

I don't really have a theory for this one which I'd want to try to convince anybody of, best I can do is this: ASSUMING I were to start with Farmerman's view towards human history and recent prehistory, then I would figure that you don't need to go terribly far back, three or four thousand years tops more or less, and most humans were living hand to mouth on a daily basis. You go out every day looking to find something or kill something to feed yourself and your family with and those who don't get good and stay good at it don't live to tell the tale.

This is what I hear from people I know who work with the children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren of the rich on a daily basis, i.e. that people only have to go one or two generations without having to concern themselves with where their next meal is coming from, and they start to resemble idiots.
gungasnake

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2009 09:26 am
http://www.liberallunacy.bravehost.com/

Quote:
(Washington, D.C. - 1/3/09) Democrats across the board, including progressives on the far left, who are ardent supporters of Caroline Kennedy, are growing impatient with Republicans and others who are concerned about her apparent lack of qualifications for a likely U.S. Senatorial appointment.

In a specious statement from the DNC, tolerance and understanding of this appointment are required:

“We firmly believe Caroline “You Know” Kennedy is the absolutely best choice that could be made for the people of New York, the U.S. Senate and for the people of America. All of America should now be pleased there is a voice for the oratorically-impaired which otherwise would go missing. This is an important part of the Change coming to America and we demand acceptance of this historic appointment.”

“We only wish our friends on the right would practice what they preach and be as tolerant of Caroline as we on the left have been of Republican female appointments and nominees to all levels office. We’re tired of our nominees/appointees having to put up with overt naysayers, undeserved criticism and unfounded rumors while we treat theirs with dignity, respect and a tolerance for opposing views. We demand equal treatment.”

This is basically an affirmative action program for the incompetent. Last time anybody tried to institute such a program for a pubbie was in the case of a nomination to the supreme court and I believe the guy's name was Carswell; One midwest pubbie senator (Hruska) tried claiming that the mediocre people of the country deserved some sort of representation and the leftists and media just went berserk.
farmerman

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2009 09:56 am
@gungasnake,
While I think she is hardly the one for the NEw York Senatorial seat, is Gunga actually comparing the two womwn as far as accomplishments or as contestants in a wet tee shirt contest?

Ever read Carolines book about civil liberties? I think the most complicated thing S Palin has written was a letter to have her ex BIL removed from his job.

Sarah is yesterday's story, along with that Ann COulter dude.
parados

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2009 09:59 am
@gungasnake,
I am curious as to which law school you attended gunga, in which states you have passed the bar, which boards you sit on, and how much money you have helped raise for non profits or schools? If Kennedy is a loser and an idiot, what does that make you?

Quote:
Kennedy is an attorney, writer, editor and serves on the boards of numerous non-profit organizations.

From 2002 through 2004, Kennedy worked as director of the Office of Strategic Partnerships for the the New York City Department of Education. The three-day-a-week job paid her a salary of $1 and had the goal of raising private money for the New York City public schools.[21] In that capacity, she helped raise more than $65 million for the city’s public schools.[22][3] She currently serves as one of two vice chairs of the board of directors of The Fund for Public Schools, a public-private partnership founded in 2002 to attract private funding for public schools in New York City.[23] According to The Politico, her children attended "one of Manhattan’s most exclusive private schools."[24] She has also served on the board of trustees of Concord Academy, which she attended as a child.[25]

Kennedy and other members of her family created the Profiles in Courage Award in 1989. The award is given to a public official or officials at the federal, state or local level whose actions best demonstrate the qualities of politically courageous leadership in the spirit of John F. Kennedy's book, Profiles in Courage.[26] In addition, Kennedy is currently president of the Kennedy Library Foundation.[3] She is also an adviser to the Harvard Institute of Politics, a living memorial to her father.

She is a member of the New York and Washington, D.C. bar associations. She is also a member of the boards of directors of the Commission on Presidential Debates and the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund, and is an honorary chair of the American Ballet Theatre.[26]

How many books have you written gunga?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2009 10:06 am
@gungasnake,
This guy has a speech impediment also but his views are often considered brillianthttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TI9a3bTy1j4&feature=related
Setanta

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2009 10:32 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Sarah is yesterday's story, along with that Ann COulter dude.

That was pretty damned funny.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sun 4 Jan, 2009 08:40 am
@farmerman,
Caroline's particular 'speech impediment' is called "stupidity". There is no known cure.
farmerman

Reply Sun 4 Jan, 2009 08:55 am
@gungasnake,
Ill yield to your vast experience in exhibiting stupidity.

0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sun 4 Jan, 2009 05:46 pm
The real point of all of this, of course, is the behavior of our feral media which sought to destroy and demonize Sarah Palin by whatever means deemed necessary and has little or nothing to say about a retarded member of the Kennedy clan seeking to obtain a US senate seat via divine right or grandchild-of-bootleggerTsar privilege or some such.

In the curious world our media lives in, Caroline Kennedy is fit for high office and Sarah palin isn't. Pretty amazing.

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 4 Jan, 2009 05:57 pm
@gungasnake,
O, how I yearn to have Sarah (or Ron Paul)
as President instead of obama.

David
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 4 Jan, 2009 07:44 pm
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:
In the curious world our media lives in, Caroline Kennedy is fit for high office and Sarah palin isn't. Pretty amazing.

Pretty simple gunga: here is an ivy-league graduate lawyer who has written
several books and is very active in politics and member on numerous non-profit
foundations, and there is a second runner up at the beauty queen contest who
barely managed a college education and whose horizon doesn't extend a 100 yards. Pretty amazing to you, but pretty logical to everyone else!
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 4 Jan, 2009 07:56 pm
@gungasnake,
Quote:

a) a heart beat away from being potus, potus being a very old dude with a history of cancer

b) the junior senator from NY who will need to face the voters in 2 years

the bar for a should be much higher then b, don't you think?

That said, Kenned is not qualified for the gig, I hope they find somebody better.
There must be a hundred men in NY that would do a better job, and maybe a few women as well.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sun 4 Jan, 2009 08:07 pm
@CalamityJane,
Quote:
Pretty simple gunga: here is an ivy-league graduate lawyer ....

When did they stop teaching public speaking in ivy league schools?
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 4 Jan, 2009 08:16 pm
@CalamityJane,
CalamityJane wrote:

gungasnake wrote:

Pretty simple gunga: here is an ivy-league graduate lawyer who has written
several books and is very active in politics and member on numerous non-profit
foundations, and there is a second runner up at the beauty queen contest who
barely managed a college education and whose horizon doesn't extend a 100 yards.

Pretty amazing to you, but pretty logical to everyone else!

That is FALSE.

David
parados

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2009 08:12 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OK, let's modify the statement to make it true...

Pretty amazing to gunga, OMSigDavid and a few other loons but pretty logical to everyone else.

0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2009 08:37 am
Somebody might want to add "topictagabuse" to the list of topic tags for this thread.
0 Replies