Questions for Christians...

Yahweh

Reply Sun 28 Dec, 2008 07:05 pm
1. Do you believe in God?
2. What religion do you consider yourself?
3. Do you believe the whole bible should be interpreted literally?
4. If no, are there certain parts of the bible that you believe are/are not true?
a. Old Testament?
b. New Testament?
c. Genesis (creation)?
d. Noah’s Ark?
e. Jonah and the Whale?
f. Jesus (virgin birth, son of god, miracles, resurrection, ascension)
5. Do you believe in Heaven? Hell?
6. Does everyone go to Heaven?
7. Can anyone pray for forgiveness before death and go to heaven?
8. Do you believe every person has a spirit/soul?
9. Do you believe animals have spirits/souls?
10. Do you believe in ghosts?
11. Do you believe in a young earth or an old earth (thousands of years or billions of years)?
12. Do you believe that the earth was created in 6 days?
13. Why did God take 6 days to create the earth?
14. Why does God let bad things happen?
15. Why did God use a flood to wipe out all life? Couldn’t he have just made everything disappear and start over?
16. Does God play an active role in today's world?
17. Does everything happen for a reason?
18. If Christianity is the right religion, why are there so many other completely different religions?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 991 • Replies: 12
No top replies

George

Reply Sun 28 Dec, 2008 08:07 pm
@Yahweh,
What are the religious implications of putting Yahweh on "Ignore"?

Just kidding.

Your survey is a bit much for me.
The answer to some of these questions would take a book.
Intrepid

Reply Sun 28 Dec, 2008 08:19 pm
@Yahweh,
Some of your questions are yes or no answers. Others would require somewhat complex answers.

You do not indicate why you are asking these questions.
George

Reply Sun 28 Dec, 2008 08:24 pm
@Intrepid,
He forgot the one about God making a rock so big He can't lift it.
Sglass

Reply Sun 28 Dec, 2008 08:33 pm
@George,
George, if he is Yahweh isn't he God.

Since I'm a Buddhist I can't anwer any of these questions. All I have to do is chant.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Sun 28 Dec, 2008 09:55 pm
Same here Sglass. However, I can answer "I think it's crap" to many of the questions posed here.
0 Replies

Yahweh

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2008 11:36 am
@George,
These were just some questions I have that I was curious as to how a christian would answer them. I am an atheist and find it VERY hard to believe that anyone that has actually read any part of the bible can believe that it is the word of "god". The bible was clearly written by man before humans had any basic knowlege of how the earth worked, and was not influenced by any supernatural being.
mismi

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2008 11:46 am
@Yahweh,
Those seem like questions to set Christians up for target practice if you ask me.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2008 11:52 am
@Yahweh,
Yahweh wrote:

1. Do you believe in God? (not in the christian sense)
2. What religion do you consider yourself? (probably agnostic)
3. Do you believe the whole bible should be interpreted literally? (n0)
4. If no, are there certain parts of the bible that you believe are/are not true?
a. Old Testament? (false)
b. New Testament? (false)
c. Genesis (creation)? (false)
d. Noah’s Ark? (false)
e. Jonah and the Whale? (false)
f. Jesus (virgin birth, son of god, miracles, resurrection, ascension) (false)
5. Do you believe in Heaven? (no) Hell? (no)
6. Does everyone go to Heaven? (no)
7. Can anyone pray for forgiveness before death and go to heaven? (no)
8. Do you believe every person has a spirit/soul? (possibly)
9. Do you believe animals have spirits/souls? (possibly)
10. Do you believe in ghosts? (possibly)
11. Do you believe in a young earth or an old earth (thousands of years or billions of years)? (billions)
12. Do you believe that the earth was created in 6 days? (no)
13. Why did God take 6 days to create the earth? (he didn't)
14. Why does God let bad things happen? (he doesn't, they just do)
15. Why did God use a flood to wipe out all life? (he didn't) Couldn’t he have just made everything disappear and start over? (no)
16. Does God play an active role in today's world? (no, although some good and bad things are done in that name)
17. Does everything happen for a reason? (everything happens, because it happens)
18. If Christianity is the right religion, why are there so many other completely different religions? (there is no right religion, believe what makes you feel best)

0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2008 12:07 pm
@Yahweh,
ok, I'll play....even though I consider the idea of being a Christian meaningless, I was raised as a Catholic (which some don't believe is a Christian religion).

I feel ok about answering because looking at the questions, I have the exact same answers today as I did when I was considered to be in the Catholic faith.....which goes to show I suppose that one can keep their beliefs whether officially sanctioned or not.

Yahweh wrote:

1. Do you believe in God? Yes
2. What religion do you consider yourself? None
3. Do you believe the whole bible should be interpreted literally? No
a. Old Testament? parts not true
b. New Testament? parts not true
c. Genesis (creation)? not as written in the bible
d. Noah’s Ark? not true
e. Jonah and the Whale? not true
f. Jesus (virgin birth, son of god, miracles, resurrection, ascension) not true
5. Do you believe in Heaven? Hell? Doesn't matter, either it is or it isn't regardless of what I believe.
6. Does everyone go to Heaven? See above
7. Can anyone pray for forgiveness before death and go to heaven? Who knows? see above.
8. Do you believe every person has a spirit/soul? yes
9. Do you believe animals have spirits/souls? yes
10. Do you believe in ghosts? Isn't that what a spirit/soul is?
11. Do you believe in a young earth or an old earth (thousands of years or billions of years)? billions
12. Do you believe that the earth was created in 6 days? No
13. Why did God take 6 days to create the earth? see above
14. Why does God let bad things happen? God doesn't, it is what it is.
15. Why did God use a flood to wipe out all life? Couldn’t he have just made everything disappear and start over? See 4D
16. Does God play an active role in today's world? Who knows? Is God involved in every little thing? I'd say not
17. Does everything happen for a reason? It's all part of the big cosmic wheel of life
18. If Christianity is the right religion, why are there so many other completely different religions? Multiple reasons. You're the religion you were raised in. You live in a part of the world that doesn't have many, or any members of your religion.

Your questions don't always follow yahweh, sometimes it's impossible to answer one because the assumption is made one answered a certain way to a prior question.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2008 12:12 pm
I find the very first question just too hilarious to be believed. It is roughly the equivalent of providing a survey for atheists, and making the first question: "What religion are you?"
Intrepid

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2009 07:38 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

I find the very first question just too hilarious to be believed. It is roughly the equivalent of providing a survey for atheists, and making the first question: "What religion are you?"

Yes. Since the survey is directed to Christians, one would think that a believe in God is part of their being Christian.

Your analogy is a good one. Wink
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2009 09:51 pm
It appears that some folks don't necessarily give careful consideration to the threads they start . . .
0 Replies