No top replies

djjd62

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2008 09:26 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
god i hate nickelback
0 Replies

Nick Ashley

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2008 09:50 am
Seems like hating nickleback is the cool thing to do these days. I don't get it. I get not liking a type of music, but why target only nickleback in that genre?

btw: on phone, so cant see first post
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2008 09:53 am
@Nick Ashley,
so what's your problem?
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2008 10:03 am
@Nick Ashley,
if it helps i'll put my dislike of creed in the same category

at a certain point in my life i realized that the music i liked the best wasn't probably going to be played on the radio, at least not right away, and probably not on corporate radio

a lot of the early bands are of course now staples of those jukebox style radio stations that play late 70's, 80's and 90's music, but a lot of those artists couldn't get much airplay outside of college radio in their early days

i'm not a big fan of the top 40 corporate rock bands, the best thing in the last few years has been the rise of the internet based distribution of music let's a lot of great bands that aren't going to get the attention from the corporations get their music out and about

0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2008 10:57 am
I gotta admit. Im 58 and there are new bands being formed DAILY, most of whose music I would only play in an elevator just to piss off the commuters.

We dont suffer from a lack of great talent, we suffer more from an overabundance of really bad talent
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2008 11:06 am
for that matter... in the interest of fairness... you could do an AC/DC recycling program with the same result and AC/DC are the kings....
farmerman

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2008 11:23 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
not a fan of "shredders". They play too murky. Would you consider Eddie van HAlen a shredder? I would, but I dont really like his licks, they sound too disjointed.
chai2

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2008 11:26 am
I like nickelback
farmerman

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2008 11:39 am
@chai2,
you gets to keep youse nickel
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2008 01:13 pm
@farmerman,
angus young isn't a shredder, like anything else some shredders are great...some not so much...EVH is a shredder...
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2008 07:35 pm
More recycling:

Satriani vs Coldplay
djjd62

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2008 08:04 am
@Robert Gentel,
they brought this up on opie and anthony awhile back

i find it hard to believe that coldplay would deliberately steal from such a well known musician, probably a case of hearing it having it stored in the memory banks and not realizing where it came from, interesting to see how it all comes out
Robert Gentel

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2008 01:52 pm
@djjd62,
Since the suit, there have been other videos showing the melody predating Satriani and before the suit another band had accused them of plagiarizing it:

Thing is, this interview doesn't help them:

Quote:
"We're definitely good, but I don't think you can say we're that original," he notes. "I regard us as being incredibly good plagiarists."
0 Replies