Things we think but don't say

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2008 12:12 pm
There must be dozens of things that come into our heads during the course of a normal day that we think, but hold back on saying out loud, for whatever reason. Well, here's a thread where we can say those things. Anything you felt like saying today, but didn't? Say it here. Here's one to start it off.

Everybody at work today is talking about the snowstorm. It's getting annoying now. So a few minutes ago I heard this woman at work telling her friend that where she lived they were getting a lot of snow, to which the friend replied, "I'm getting 8 inches where I live tonight"

I thought, "I feel like giving you both six inches in your mouths, just to shut you up!"

Of course, I couldn't say that to people who may have the authority to get me fired, so I didn't say it. Now what about you?

Okay, so who is next?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 6 • Views: 1,428 • Replies: 11
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2008 12:16 pm
@kickycan,
People say dumass stuff all the time. In my area we have a lot of words that come off sounding like something sexually explicit. SO, if we have someone who is really tense, we have to walk on eggs and forget the jokey references.

You, on the other hand, Ill b et its [part of your charm to tell some woman that , if she needs 8 inches youd be happy to cut off 2 of your own
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2008 01:31 pm
@kickycan,
Quote:
Things we think but don't say...

"Could you hurry it up a little? I would really like to go pee and start some coffee."

(figure out the context yourself)
kickycan

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2008 05:37 pm
My work colleagues told me this morning that they want--oh wait, not want, NEED--this job that is about sixteen hours of work to be done by the end of day today. I'm done with about half of it now, and I have a ton of work still to do.

I've been thinking, "YOU MOTHERFUCKERS, I WANT TO KILL EVERY ******* ONE OF YOU FOR BEING SO ******* INCOMPETENT THAT YOU CAN'T BRING THIS MOTHERFUCKING GARBAGE TO US TO DO IN A ******* TIMELY MANNER! NOW DIE, FILTHY PIGS, DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But of course, I would never say that out loud. At least not until I get to the loving safety of my apartment tonight at about midnight or so, thanks to these PIGS.
kickycan

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2008 05:39 pm
@Green Witch,
That's a woman's internal dialogue while I'm giving her the morning wood pump. This would probably be something she'd be thinking after about an hour and a half of me sweating and groaning on top of her.
Izzie

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2008 05:45 pm
@kickycan,
Take it the Kiskster is having one of those days a?

Wink
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2008 05:48 pm
@kickycan,
kickycan wrote:

That's a woman's internal dialogue while I'm giving her the morning wood pump. This would probably be something she'd be thinking after about an hour and a half of me sweating and groaning on top of her.

Oy, an hour and a half??? Would that be all 1o"???
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2008 07:49 pm
Jever notice the similarities between kicky and STewie Griffith?
djjd62

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2008 07:55 pm
@farmerman,
now that you mention it, i've never seen them together
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2008 08:01 pm
@kickycan,
You might also say that "Your lack of planning does not constitute an emergency to me".
Green Witch

Reply Sat 20 Dec, 2008 06:27 pm
@kickycan,
Quote:
This would probably be something she'd be thinking after about an hour and a half of me sweating and groaning on top of her.

Long before an hour and a half you'd be kneeling in a puddle of pee and your eyes would be scratched out as a violent result of my caffeine withdrawal. Sometimes actions speaker louder than words.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 20 Dec, 2008 07:01 pm
@roger,
Hard to do in recessionary time. Never mind depressionary.

Actually, I'm kidding. Deadlines were always serious for us. But re other people behaving in a timely way, that's always been a part crapshoot at best. I well remember redesigning 90+ lots including irrigation pipe sizing (sans any online help) over a weekend because of a late arrived engineering change. Well, don't get me going.

Mostly you absorb what you have to, to make payroll. Once in a while you take a stand. Sometimes those stands work.
0 Replies