CHINESE GENERIC DRUGS: SOME ARE DEADLY

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2008 10:50 am
Several anticoagulants such as Warfarin and Heparin have been found to be adulterated and , according to a drug watch organization, at least 250 mpeople have died from fatal interactions . Heparin was the biggest problem and its import from China is almost without any oversight by FDA or any agency.
Those of you who crave a "market driven" world , are you willing to lay your life on the line and accept cheap albeit adulterated drugs just to save a bottom line?

Maybe in another world where we can actually TRUST foreign coun tries to do whats right.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,749 • Replies: 7
No top replies

talk72000

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2009 04:41 am
@farmerman,
China is definitely developing a bad reputation. The Communist leaders are executing those involved with adulteration and corruption. I guess this is the price China pays for a developing free market system. There will be more of them till a proper regulatory system kicks in.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2009 04:50 am
@farmerman,
In and amongst all the rest, I recently read a report of problems of toxic chemicals in - now, get this - sheetrock! I wonder at possible effects on the world's economy if their accountants are as creative as the rest of their economy seems to be.
farmerman

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2009 05:09 am
@roger,
Yeh, the sheetrock is adultered with Sulfuric acid. Gypsum can form H2SO4 and H2SO3 by bacterial decomposition if the gypsum is stored in wet, anaerobic conditions. The gypsum will dissociate and yield acid. In the US, Canada, and most of the rest of the world, gypsum is mined and carefully stored as anhydrite. I have no idea why China was doing this. All the gyp board in new construction is possibly compromised because it can dissolve the nails and any Al frames and corner moldings that the board touches.

Chinese stuff needs to be monitored more closely. I had to have brake lines replaced twice in my 03 Ford 250 =D and the replacements are all made in China. They are crap, but because of price concerns Ford motors has gone to most of its replacement parts mfd in China.

The word "toxic junk" comes to mind.
talk72000

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2009 05:25 am
@farmerman,
I remember talking with a gasket representative about Ford. He said they would not like dealing with Ford as they demanded a volume discount and didn't care about the quality. For a while Ford cars had a rust problem back in the 80's.
farmerman

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2009 05:32 am
@talk72000,
Ive taken to checking out the parts availability whenever I have to have work done and its amazing how most of the replacement stuff is junk from China. I only know about Ford. Im not sure about other manufacturers. Does Nissan have complete control of its parts train? how about BMW, or GM?

Anyway, brake lines on a big pickup are vulnerable becasue they are out in the open beneath a platform . They can get sprayed by road crud and oxidize more quickly. Maybe Ford should look at better grounding and reintroduce "Undercoating" if theyre gonna cheap out.

talk72000

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2009 12:10 am
@farmerman,
I am afraid many companies are setting up shop in China. BMW has opened a manufacturing center India. It is not so much as to where it is manufactured but the quality control the originating company is employing. The lack of quality control is evident.

The gypsum board thing I read was that the slurry used was from the de-sulphering of coal manufacture. The sulphur is probably in salt form as liquid lime must have been used. With moisture the sulphur becomes active.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2009 11:03 am
@farmerman,
Oversight very important, oy. And it's sometimes hard to tell, as previously discussed elsewhere on a2k, if an import is from china, as it can be indirect and not well labelled (..remembering the toothpaste bruhaha in, I think it was, Panama.)
0 Replies