The People of the Arctic North

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2008 12:44 am
Gorgeous film (40 minutes), wonderful natural landscape, animals and beautiful people.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 2,155 • Replies: 16
No top replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2008 12:49 am
@Butrflynet,
Robert, if you see this, please help me better understand what I need to extract from the embed code to make the video display better. I know I need to include the size params but don't understand the syntax needed to include it in the A2K flash code. Here's the embed code copied from Hulu:

Quote:
<object width="512" height="296"><param name="movie" value="http://www.hulu.com/embed/CcoGKbJk5hFahucfTd7Z7w"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.hulu.com/embed/CcoGKbJk5hFahucfTd7Z7w" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" width="512" height="296"></embed></object>
Robert Gentel

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2008 12:51 am
@Butrflynet,
Hulu isn't available outside the US, what's it about (to see if it's worth proxying to see it)?
Robert Gentel

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2008 12:53 am
@Butrflynet,
I can't see the video, but it looks like you did it right to me. Sometimes, you need to add the flashvars to the swf url, but this one doesn't seem to need it so just doing the size attributes on the flash bbcode tag should be enough.
Butrflynet

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2008 12:54 am
@Robert Gentel,
What is Hulu about or what is the video about?

The video is a nature film, showing the lifestyle and landscape of the people and animals of the arctic north in Canada, Sweden etc.

Hulu is a free video service similar to youtube except their genre is mostly full length films and television show episodes.

Don't go to the trouble of doing something special. Direct links to the videos work just as well.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2008 12:59 am
@Robert Gentel,
Robert Gentel wrote:

I can't see the video, but it looks like you did it right to me. Sometimes, you need to add the flashvars to the swf url, but this one doesn't seem to need it so just doing the size attributes on the flash bbcode tag should be enough.

That's the part that I'm not clear on regarding the syntax. Do the flashvars go before or after the swf url, and if after, are they separated by semi colons or commas?
Butrflynet

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2008 01:05 am
Regarding Hulu, here's their Wiki page so you can get an idea of what it is about:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hulu

0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2008 01:13 am
@Butrflynet,
I know about Hulu, I was asking about the video, because I can't see it.

As to the flash size attributes vars you do them in the opening flash bbcode tag like this:

Code:[flash width=300 height=300]

It also works that way with images.
Butrflynet

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2008 01:18 am
@Robert Gentel,
Okay, so the template would be
Code:[flash width=x height=z] swf url[/flash]

With the numeric value of x and z coming from the source's embed code. Correct? Or does the swf url go before the first closing bracket?
Robert Gentel

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2008 01:22 am
@Butrflynet,
You have it right in the example (url between the tags). As to the values you can use whatever you like but the ones they suggest are sometimes the best way to make it look right.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2008 01:25 am
Okay, testing to see if it displays a little better.

Much better! Thank you.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2008 01:26 am
@Butrflynet,
Shocked A film about Canada, but we can't see it unless we are in the United States. Sad
Butrflynet

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2008 01:40 am
@Intrepid,
Didn't know Hulu was restricted to the US. Looked for the video on youtube and could not find it. Did find it on Amazon if you want to see what it was about.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001CGBRYY?
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2008 09:48 am
saving
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2008 04:08 pm
@Butrflynet,
don't have time to watch it now.... will do so later.

Thanks!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2008 04:43 pm
@Intrepid,
funny, ain't it Confused
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2008 09:16 pm
@Butrflynet,
Butrflynet wrote:

Didn't know Hulu was restricted to the US.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/Intrepid2/hulu.jpg
0 Replies