CNN Warns "We Don't Really Know Obama"

cjhsa

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2008 02:05 pm
Wow, a little late, I'd say, after they annointed him the messiah....

http://keepandbeararms.com/news/nl/read_comments.asp?nl=27747739813557&tmpD=12%2F2%2F2008

parados

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2008 02:46 pm
@cjhsa,
Some gun nut claims CNN said something with no reference to them saying it and cj accepts it as the truth.

Meanwhile, Fox news claims cjhsa is an imbecile. What? They didn't know that before?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2008 03:21 pm
Must I do everything for you, punk?

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/11/27/mann.ct.obama.hero/
kickycan

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2008 03:30 pm
This brings up the question: Is it possible to really know anyone? I mean, people wake up after fifty years of marriage and still learn new things about their spouses, so how could we ever really KNOW anyone? Is it possible?

0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2008 04:39 pm
@cjhsa,
Psssst! Ceej... Your tags are open.
cjhsa

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2008 05:29 pm
@squinney,
**** 'em.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2008 06:51 pm
Tempest in a teapot, seems to me.
cjhsa

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2008 08:13 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

Ur funking kidding me right? Foofucker!!!!
parados

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2008 08:55 pm
@cjhsa,
psst....

Gun nut.. read the title....

Do I have to lock and load for you too?
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2008 10:19 am
@cjhsa,
cjhsa wrote:

Foofie wrote:

Ur funking kidding me right? Foofucker!!!!

Is your reply in standard English?
0 Replies

revel

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2008 09:40 am
I don't get the gripe with both the CNN article (which was not pro-obama) and the weird gun site illogically referenced as some kind of source. Because people or commentators are comparing Obama to certain past president that means we don't really know him and are now we are sorry we got what we wanted. (Taking the two sources together)

I don’t watch CNN or hardly any TV news anyway and it looks like I don’t miss much. I mean there are plenty of real news with real issues reaching gigantic proportions. Take today for example we just lost 533K jobs in November.
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2008 09:45 am

CNN is warning Americans that already making Barack Obama into one of America's greatest "heroes" may not be a good idea. Despite the fact that Barack Obama has yet to take office, despite that he has yet to really do anything to earn that status, CNN is saying that "already, he's being compared to the most remarkable leaders."

It might make one amazed that now, after cheerleading for him for the last four years, CNN suddenly finds that calling Obama a hero is not necessarily the best idea. "The Americans who are comparing him to those remarkable predecessors," CNN warns, "are putting a lot of faith in a man they barely know."

And why do we "barely know" Barack Obama, CNN? Is it perhaps because the American media never took the time to vet this man? Is it because all we've gotten is hero worship from the media?

Still, CNN is quite right that putting Obama on a pedestal before he has even done anything is quite dangerous. In contravention to all of America's past notables that became national heroes after they actually achieved something above and beyond, the media has bestowed this status upon Barack Obama ahead of any such achievement. Unfortunately, this sort of sycophantic deification undeserved risks a crash-and-burn greater than that of any other public figure in history and also courts an increase in racial tension that might seem to have been tampered by his election. As Obama fails to live up to the glorified hype the fall back retort to detractors will be to claim that they are racists. This will not help the US at all.

I seriously hope that Obama is at least an adequate chief executive for these United States. If he is not, this country could be in a serious mess both socially as well as politically.

But, I am afraid that what we are seeing with this CNN report is an early example of the media attempting to claim that it "warned" us all that things might not be so wonderful in Obamalot, a sort of plausible deniability of their complicity of hiding his past so he could win election. Even as the media is a chief reason that Obama became president in the first place, some outlets have begun to act as if they are now interested in "truth" and the "news."
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2008 09:46 am
@revel,
You can thank two years of Democratic control of Congress for that, Revel.

Up until two years ago, things weren't all that bad. It only took 'em a year to dump us into recession, but the liberal media can only do their usual and blame Bush, just like the loons here at A2K.

Now, like the true insanity that is liberalism, they have done it again, expecting a different result. It is only going to get worse.
revel

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2008 10:46 am
@cjhsa,
What did dems do or not in two years which kept the economy from slipping into a recession and jobs losses. What did Bush and republicans want to do but were stopped from the democrats? Name them and the evidence of democrats being against it. Everything Bush has asked for he got. I don't know if everything is Bush's fault or not, maybe we are just having bad luck, but it is not because the democrats took a slim majority in 06'.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » CNN Warns "We Don't Really Know Obama"
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/07/2024 at 06:25:11