Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2008 05:34 pm
@Joeblow,
vast right wing conspiracy
Joeblow

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2008 05:39 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Wierd coincidence. Still I'm interested.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2008 12:20 am
@Joeblow,
Quite a bit. Skim down the list of stories in Google News.

http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&q=vandalism%20tires%20slashed&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wn
Butrflynet

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2008 12:35 am
@Butrflynet,
These are just the ones on the first page.

Quote:
Published November 18, 2008 01:12 pm -

Vandals slash dozens of tires

The Free Press

MANKATO "
Vandals slashed 26 tires on 10 vehicles sometime Sunday night or Monday morning, causing an estimated $4,000 in damage.

The incidents, which happened in the 600 block of South Fourth Street and the nearby 300 block of Ramsey Street, were all reported to Mankato police Monday morning. Most of the vehicles had at least two tires slashed, and some had three or four tires slashed, police said.

Many of the cars were parked near the Colonial Square apartment complex and two Minnesota State University fraternities in the Lincoln Park neighborhood. Anyone with information is being asked to call the Police Department at 387-8780.

Quote:
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Police investigate tire-slashing spree

By Matthew Bruun TELEGRAM & GAZETTE STAFF

FITCHBURG" Matthew Arsenault started to drive home Monday night, after finishing his shift at Market Basket on Water Street, and noticed his car was driving slowly. He got out of the car to investigate.

“I saw my tires were just slashed,” he said yesterday.

Mr. Arsenault, who spent $340 to have the four tires replaced, said he was mad at the wanton vandalism to his vehicle. And he’s not the only victim.

More than 20 cars have been found with slashed tires in and around downtown over the last several days, in a continuing spree of vandalism that dates back two weeks.

Police are asking the public to report any suspicious behavior around parking lots or garages.

Tires on at least five cars were slashed Monday night at a city parking garage on Main Street, where drivers had left their cars to attend a forum on downtown revitalization. By Tuesday morning, the tires on another 15 cars had been slashed in and around the downtown corridor, according to police records.
Another vehicle’s tires were slashed behind a Main Street bank yesterday morning, police said.

Several city vehicles also were vandalized in the municipal parking garage beneath City Hall over the past several days, Police Capt. Philip J. Kearns Jr. said yesterday.

The tires on five cars were slashed outside The Sundial apartments on Merriam Parkway Oct. 30, and vandalism to two other cars was reported that morning on Marshall Street.

The Sundial is managed by Stephan Hay, an at-large city councilor.

“It’s uncommon for anything to happen on our property,” Mr. Hay said yesterday, lamenting what he called a senseless crime.

All of the cars damaged at The Sundial belonged to residents of the senior community.

“A lot of seniors (are) on fixed incomes and the cost of replacing tires is significant to them,” Mr. Hay said. Most of the cars damaged there had one tire slashed, but one car had three flattened tires, he said.

There are security cameras on the property, Mr. Hay continued, but the vandalism on Oct. 30 took place in an area without coverage. Mr. Hay said cameras are being installed to cover that last area of the Sundial’s parking lot.

Most of the damage has apparently occurred overnight, Capt. Kearns said. Officers are being given daily bulletins about the incidents and have already begun paying particular attention to garages and parking lots during their nightly patrols, the captain continued.

Quote:
Vandals Slash Tires In Trailer Park

Posted: Nov 7, 2008 09:41 AM PST

Updated: Nov 12, 2008 03:30 PM PST

Police are investigating after at least 15 vehicles had their tires slashed at a trailer park on the Fayette-Scott County line Friday.

The incident happened at the Spindletop Trailer Park. Police say the vandals slashed the tires, with some vehicles getting all four tires slashed, throughout the trailer park.

Police are investigating the incident as a possible hate crime, as most of the vehicles belong to Hispanic owners.

At a minimum, police the vandals face criminal mischief charges.

Quote:
Vandals Slash Tires On 25 Cars
Cars Parked In Marina Targeted Over Weekend

POSTED: 2:58 pm PST November 10, 2008
UPDATED: 3:11 pm PST November 10, 2008

MARINA, Calif. -- A vandalism spree in Marina left 25 cars with slashed tires over the weekend.
Marina police said the vandalism happened during the late evening and early-morning hours on Friday and Saturday.

All of the vandalized cars were located along Reservation Road, and Crescent and Carmel avenues.

Anyone with similar vandalism or information is asked to call the Marina Police Department at 831-844-1210 during the week or 831-384-7575 anytime.

Quote:
Posted at: 11/12/2008 12:03:02 PM

By: Nicole Muehlhausen, Web Producer

Print Story Email to a Friend

POLICE: Vandals slashed tires of Mpls. senior citizens

Minneapolis Police are trying to find whoever slashed tires on a dozen cars all belonging to senior citizens.
The cars were parked outside of a low-income housing complex, located in the 2800 block of East 31st Street.

The dozen residents of Trinity Apartments awoke to find their tires slashed and their cars useless Tuesday morning.

For many who live in low-income senior housing, a flat tire is more than a simple inconvenience.

"I dig in the trunk for the spare tire, and I’m not strong enough to put it on," said victim Irene MacMurphy.

"It just cripples us from going anywhere; from going to our doctor, our dentist," explained Bonita Turner, whose tires were also slashed.

Many of the victims are unable to afford the hundreds of dollars it will take to fix their tires.

"I’m short of 100 bucks…I live from month to month," said Emile Burnier.

"We’re real people, we have feelings, we're not just a car. They're hurting us," said Turner.

Minneapolis Police said they don't have any suspects. Anyone with information is asked to contact the department at (612) 692-8477.
Joeblow

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2008 08:49 am
@Butrflynet,
It’s got to take some amount of effort to slash a tire I would have thought. Whoever’s responsible in my area made a concerted effort.

Here’s an ABC clip about tires and their shelf life that wound up in my inbox just a couple weeks ago. I never worried about it before, because I thought I was buying new, but evidently car tires can sit on store shelves for many years before being sold, and pose a serious risk for blowouts after about six years. It was a real eye opener. Scary.

http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=4826897

0 Replies