Tue 18 Nov, 2008 01:10 am
I havea very unique problem, my problem is that I am accessing the Internet through proxy very well. Suddenly I am not able to acess the internet on my private ip (192.168.24.13/24) but if I change my IP to new any in the same range like 192.168.24.14/24 I suddenly access the internet. If I give the same ip to other machine it work fien and give me the access to internet. For this I check
1. Firewall of windows - it is off.
2. pinging the switch managment IP and Default getway but not the Proxy server.
3. cable and NIC is ok.
4. Scan for Viruses and now no viruses in the Computer.
please give me the solution I know the problem is in Windows Xp ple tell the problem and solution urgently.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 2,402 • Replies: 3
Topic Closed
No top replies

Robert Gentel

Tue 18 Nov, 2008 01:13 am
@ashishdange1973,
The only thing I can think of off the top of my head is that you may have different dns settings that are being switched when you change between IPs. Have you ruled that out?
0 Replies

rahuk

Sun 18 Sep, 2022 06:43 pm
@ashishdange1973,
Private internet access not connecting can be due to a bad internet connection. The very first thing that you need to do is to check your internet speed and internet stability. Disconnect and reconnect your internet connection and check if the error persists.
Sometimes the server you have connected to can be down or having some issues. Disconnect from the server that is triggering this issue and then, connect to the server of another country. As there are over 30 countries where PIA has its servers, it shouldn’t be a problem.
Now, if PIA connects via the new server without any issue, then probably the previous server was down. However, if the problem continues to persist even after using different servers, then try the next solution.
Some users have reported that if the DNS cache gets corrupted, then this type of issue can occur. In this scenario, you can use the flush DNS command, which will clear all the cache of name to IP entries and then will reload them from the connected DNS server.
To clear the DNS cache, follow the steps given below:
1. Press the Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog.
2. Type cmd and then press the Ctrl+ Shift+ Enter keys to open an elevated Command Prompt.
3. Type ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter.
roger

Sun 18 Sep, 2022 08:11 pm
@rahuk,
This question is over a decade old.
0 Replies