ossobuco

Reply Fri 2 Jan, 2009 03:57 pm
@Green Witch,
That's interesting, GW. I started out smoking a mix, over time, of Parliaments, Winstons, some english cigs that were brown (Shermans? or am I making that up) - at some point fairly early I switched to menthol (Salems, Newports, V. Slims, Benson Hedges).

I'm not so sure I was all that nicotine addicted, though I was, but my misery on quitting was more re what to do with my hands when I needed to make a potentially complicated phone call, missing things like having a lighter (!), maybe even missing menthol.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Fri 2 Jan, 2009 08:17 pm
caribou, that's wonderful.

about the being free, yes it's hard to imagine going back to a time when you schedule so much around your smoking.
0 Replies

caribou

Reply Fri 2 Jan, 2009 09:50 pm
Thanks, chia.

Yep, I'm happy.
OGIONIK

Reply Fri 2 Jan, 2009 10:29 pm
@caribou,
i quit a while ago, 2 3 months? i forget, ive had 12 cigarettes so far tho, but i never felt the "urge" to smoke one, its always some stupid stressful event then im sittin there like **** **** f7uck!

then i see one and smoke it halfway.
0 Replies

atmosrx

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2014 08:12 am
It take quiet a long term to get the cigarette out of your mind, even after quiting it is not actually out of mind, it give that craving and we feel anxious and again and again get an urge to have cigarette, but you need it control yourself.
0 Replies

HesDeltanCaptain

Reply Thu 13 Aug, 2015 07:22 am
@Cliff Hanger,
Quit cigs a few years ago by switching back to a pipe. After a few months of cig-related dreams those subsided. Am cig-free now about 3 years. Don't miss it. As when on a vegan diet for a short while, they gross me out much as meat did back then.

When you get used to the superior quality of pipe tobacco, you see cigs for what they are. They're the Cheese-Wiz and hotdogs of tobacco. Technically, cheese-wiz is indeed cheese just as technically hot dogs are meat, but you wont see either at an appreciator's meeting Smile Cig tobacco is like the bits that fall on the floor when making actual quality tobacco products like cigars and pipe tobaccos. Smile
0 Replies