Diest TKO

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2008 01:24 am
A coworker and I are banding together to coordinate our own singles speed dating events.

Event one: On some Friday night, we coordinate an speed dating event. After all dates are done round robin, they can leave their contact info for someone in a valentines type box during a casual mingle.

Event two: The next night, hold a party for singles and couples. People can come and have a chance to talk and flirt. Ice is already broken. The crowd provides security and plenty of excuses to open up conversations.

Whatever comes next: People have exchanged info, and had two interactions in an private and a platonic setting. Maybe it could work!

T
K
O

P.s. - martybarker - The old little cute dog avatar did you no justice. You're a traffic stopper!
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2008 02:04 am
@CalamityJane,
40 year old virgin?

it was in that movie. he was drunk and his ex was at the same event, she was indian looking...
OGIONIK

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2008 02:06 am
@OGIONIK,
wow martybarker is gorgeous...

0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2008 09:09 pm
Diest TKO and Ogionik,
You're sweet.

I'll let everyone know how it went.
CoastalRat

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2008 06:45 am
@martybarker,
Quote:
I thought about it last year but never found the time to follow through.

Ok, I can't help but comment. Speed dating? No time for it? What, is it not fast enough to squeeze into your schedule? Are you waiting for someone to come up with "speedier dating" so you'll have the time? Wink

Sorry, I just found this line humorous. I promise to behave now.
martybarker

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2008 12:54 pm
@CoastalRat,
Wink
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2008 11:31 pm
OK you all, It went down last night. I actually had a lot of fun. I was nervous at first but then lightened up when the first guy arrived at my table.
I didn't meet anyone that I felt an instant attraction to but did find two guys interesting enough to hang out with.
There were 15 men. The women were seated at individual tables with numbers. Every 6 minutes they rang a bell and the guy moves on to the next table. We were all given score cards and you are supposed to take notes and go to a website and vote for who you'd like to see again. Then it takes you to a page and shows you if your picks also voted for you.
It's a little silly and lame, I know. But I had fun talking to the different people. Some were a little scary but most were nice enough.
husker

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2008 11:36 pm
@martybarker,
does sound scary
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Speed Dating
  3. » Page 2
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 08:31:15