McCain debate tactics and beyond

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2008 01:00 pm
@dyslexia,
dys, If you can't rebut my post, please quit spamming them.
Woiyo9

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2008 01:26 pm
John McCain's campaign has a truth squad which includes prosecutors who support his candidacy, according to reports and a campaign source.

Last Tuesday without any fanfare, the Barack Obama campaign announced Jennifer Joyce and Bob McCulloch, the top prosecutors in St. Louis city and St. Louis County, were joining something called an Obama truth squad.

They plan to respond immediately to any misleading advertisements and statements that might violate Missouri ethics laws.

"We want to keep this campaign focused on issues," Joyce told me. "Missourians don't want to be distracted by these divisive character attacks."

The truth squad's plan is to indentify false attacks and respond immediately with truthful information, Joyce and McCulloch say.

Truthful information like: Obama is a Christian who plans to cut taxes for anyone making under $250,000 a year.

The Obama campaign says prosecutors from the Kansas City area and some rural areas are also joining the truth squad, and Jefferson County Sheriff Glenn Boyer was also expected to be part of the team.

"Whether it is directly attributable to the campaign or one of the soft money operations," McCulloch told me, "if they're not going to tell the truth, then somebody's got to step up and say 'wait a minute, that's not true, this is the truth.'"

http://www.kmov.com/localnews/stories/kmov_election_092808_truthsquad.bec69e89.html?npc
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2008 01:40 pm
@cicerone imposter,
spamming?
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2008 01:52 pm
@dyslexia,
Drunk
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2008 07:57 pm
@Cliff Hanger,
Cliff Hanger wrote:

Even if no one posts to this, I still commend you for trying anyway-- what a bunch of self-absorbed people on this website.

Your first post was written at 5:00 am my time today; your second one two hours and twenty-two minutes later.

You're right. I was self-absorbingly still fast asleep. Your need for validation lost to my need for sleep. I'm sorry that the peoples of other regions of the world disappointed you by not dropping everything to come respond to your initial post within the two hour time limit you set.

Feel better now that you've gained an attentive albeit tardy response from me? I do hope your expectations have now been met properly.

It's too bad you chose to distract focus from the points of your initial post. You'd have many of us fellow Obama supporters commiserating with you rather than chiding you for doing the very same thing to us that you complain about McCain doing to Obama.
sozobe

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2008 05:33 am
@Cliff Hanger,
Laughing

I'll be more clear...

There are at least four threads dedicated to the debate, which contain discussion of these points ("you don't understand," lack of eye contact).

I think it should be easy for you to find those other threads about the debate.

It's harder to read through all of them to find out what was discussed within them. So I don't really hold that against you.

Just, since these discussions happened, it means that it's less likely that people will respond to someone else bringing up the same point a few days later -- without that necessarily having anything to do with cliques.

Butrflynet makes a good point too...
0 Replies

Cliff Hanger

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2008 10:20 am
@Butrflynet,
Quote:
It's too bad you chose to distract focus from the points of your initial post. You'd have many of us fellow Obama supporters commiserating with you rather than chiding you for doing the very same thing to us that you complain about McCain doing to Obama.

You've done youre finger wagging best to put me in my place-- Where's the dunce cap and the corner I need sit in?

My comment was heavy-handed, I have no problem admitting it-- but what is up with your "now banished from the Club Obama sandbox" forever attitude. Are your feelings hurt? Well, then join the club.

Butrflynet

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2008 10:56 am
@Cliff Hanger,
Cliff Hanger wrote:

Quote:

You've done youre finger wagging best to put me in my place-- Where's the dunce cap and the corner I need sit in?

My comment was heavy-handed, I have no problem admitting it-- but what is up with your "now banished from the Club Obama sandbox" forever attitude. Are your feelings hurt? Well, then join the club.

Not sure what you are reading but I said nothing about banishment, a sandbox, a club or any hurt feelings.

What I did point out was the hypocracy of your ridicule of McCain for doing to Obama exactly what you yourself are doing. Any perceived banishment is a self-imposed affliction I can't help you with.

I do, however, invite you to take advantage of Sozobe's offer to help you learn how to navigate the site better so you can more easily find the several existing topics in which you might want to participate. To get you started on your journey of enlightenment, here's a link to a tutorial slideshow I created as a visual aid to help people find their way around.

http://picasaweb.google.com/Butrflynet/A2KTutorial/photo#s5237037045319105986
0 Replies