Revelaion 12:1

Philis

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2008 01:33 am
In Revelation 12:1 I had my thoughts about who this woman is or what is she representing? Is she Mary, mother of Jesus? Is the twelve stars on her head the twelve tribes of Israel? She is giving birth to a male child and the great dragon, satan wants to destroy her and the child.
Rev 12:1 "A great and wondrous sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet and a crown of twelve stars on her head."
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,263 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2008 07:53 pm
@Philis,
It refers to the twelve tribes of Israel. I do not think it unreasonable to make the assumption that the "woman" is Israel from whence the 12 tribes came from.
Foxfyre

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2008 08:02 pm
@Intrepid,
That's the way I have always interpreted that too, Intrepid. Revelation is so full of symbolism and metaphor intertwined into apocalyptic code, it would be tough to make a case for the image to depict any particular individual.
0 Replies

Philis

Reply Wed 7 Oct, 2009 01:21 am
@Intrepid,
OK, Intrepid,I can accept this. This is a very old post originally. Thanks for your answer.
0 Replies