Cavalcade of Cartoon Comedy

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2008 05:28 pm
So has anyone seen any of Seth MacFarlane's Cavalcade of Cartoon Comedy? They are animated shorts with an interesting revenue model. They are ad supported, but Seth animates the ad right into the beginning of the clip. Apparently they are supposed to be served by Google Adsense or something. Then when someone clicks to watch, the advertise pay a fee that is split between Seth, Google, and the website that the ad was placed on.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/30/business/30google.html?_r=4&oref=slogin&oref=slogin&oref=slogin
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,481 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Nick Ashley

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2008 05:30 pm
@Nick Ashley,
You can see some of the videos on youtube:

Mario Saves Peach

A dog on $25,000 Pyramid

Why Bob Marley Should Not Have Acted As His Own Attorney
Robert Gentel

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2008 05:36 pm
@Nick Ashley,
I think it may be just you and I watching... I started a topic about it and the only reply was about how to do the youtube links.
Nick Ashley

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2008 05:48 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Yeah, I saw your post after mine. I don't know why I didn't bother looking first. I was taking a break from coding and was watching the videos, so just decided to post 'em quick. Ah well.

I think the videos are decent. Basically its family guy, with out having to come up with a weak plot to try and tie the random jokes together.
Rockhead

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2008 05:48 pm
@Nick Ashley,
Coolness...

(always liked Mario)
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2008 06:03 pm
@Nick Ashley,
Nick Ashley wrote:
I think the videos are decent. Basically its family guy, with out having to come up with a weak plot to try and tie the random jokes together.

Trying to start another Cartoon War eh?

These come across to me as the ones that didn't make the Family Guy cut. I think Seth tries to distance himself a bit from it in the introduction when he explains that he didn't even pick them:

0 Replies