Senator Clinton Statement

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 09:11 pm
Statement of Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton
Thursday, Sep 4, 2008

The two party conventions showcased vastly different directions for our country. Senator Obama and Senator Biden offered the new ideas and positive change America needs and deserves after eight years of failed Republican leadership. Senator McCain and Governor Palin do not.

After listening to all the speeches this week, I heard nothing that suggests the Republicans are ready to fix the economy for middle class families, provide quality affordable health care for all Americans, guarantee equal pay for equal work for women, restore our nation's leadership in a complex world or tackle the myriad of challenges our country faces. So, to slightly amend my comments from Denver: NO WAY, NO HOW, NO McCAIN-PALIN.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/09/04/sen-clinton-statement/

Debra Law

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 11:01 pm
Obama campaign spokesman Bill Burton released the following statement in response to McCain's speech:

“Tonight, John McCain said that his party was elected to change Washington, but that they let Washington change them. He’s right. He admonished the ‘old, do-nothing crowd’ in Washington, but ignored the fact that he’s been part of that crowd for twenty-six years, opposing solutions on health care, energy, and education. He talked about bipartisanship, but didn’t mention that he’s been a Bush partisan 90% of the time, that he’s run a Karl Rove campaign, and that he wants to continue this President’s disastrous economic and foreign policies for another four years. With John McCain, it’s more of the same.

“That’s not the change Americans need. Barack Obama has taken on the special interests and the lobbyists in Illinois and in Washington, and he’s won. As President, he’ll cut taxes for 95% of all working families, provide affordable health care to every American, end the tax breaks for companies that ship our jobs overseas, and eliminate the oil we import from the Middle East in ten years,” said Obama campaign spokesman Bill Burton.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/09/04/obama-campaign-response-to-mccains-speech/
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 04:25 am
The problem with the McCain rhetoric is that he and Palin bashes Obama, then says he's going to bring everybody together. As you say, he's been in Washington for some 26 years, and have failed to bring the "change" he now talks about; voting with Bush in the last congress at 95%.

How people reconcile his rhetoric to his actions will be interesting to watch.

He's been a member of the establishment too long.
Debra Law

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 10:46 am
@cicerone imposter,
I agree.

McCain set up a national convention and gave the platform to one speaker right after another who spewed venom. The repeated message was partisan divisiveness and hate. He wants to sic his pitbull with lipstick on everyone who displeases him. Then McCain said that partisan rancor is what happens when people go to Washington to work for themselves and not for you. As the orchestrator in chief of the partisan rancor at the RCN, McCain clearly wants the presidency for himself. He wants to fuel his immature sense of self importance. He thinks he's entitled to the job because America owes him. Although he is honored as a soldier and a former POW, Joe Biden is right. This country needs more than a good soldier, it needs a wise leader. McCain doesn't come across as wise nor as the agent of change.
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 11:14 am
@Debra Law,
I bet Bill Clinton would have loved someone like Palin as his VP...
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 01:59 pm
@Debra Law,
My reaction to McCain's "I am a hero" made me want to puke. Most soldiers are heroes. That he would offer it as some justification to become president is not only laughable, but disgusting.

I'm one of the few, I guess.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Senator Clinton Statement
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.05 seconds on 05/15/2024 at 09:20:12