Stan Laurel shoe size

tali

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 06:02 pm
Friend claims he read in a book that Stan Laurel had huge size 14 feet - surely he is wrong?

2PacksAday

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 06:12 pm
@tali,
IMBD has him listed at 5'8, which is around average height, in a full length picture he appears to be properly proportioned....so I would guess his shoe size to be 8-9.

0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 08:03 pm
After using search engines Google, Metacrawler and looking at IMDB.com, there appears to be no info about Stan Laurel's shoe size on the Internet. This might mean it wasn't out of the ordinary or there's just no such info listed anywhere. If he were hypothetically a size 14 (USA), that would mean his feet were 40% greater than what is proportional for a man 5 ft 8in. That's pretty unbelievable.

As was previously written, he was 5 ft 8in tall. In shoe measurements scales other than USA's EU, Asian etc, there's nothing that'd come close to size 14 .

So I'd say it's just a myth.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 08:17 pm
@Ragman,
I did serve in the Navy with a man who wore size 14. He was not a big burly guy, but was slender, about 6 ft. tall. (He studied Ballet). I had not paid attention to his feet. It was a surprise to learn his shoe size. All I'm saying is, you can't really know.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Stan Laurel shoe size
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/01/2024 at 07:38:46