Has someone started a Bjork thread yet?

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2003 08:18 pm
I love the Icelandic beauty Bjork, she is a talented, inventive creator with interesting evolution of her career.
Her music videos are especially great.

Here are some links, check out the quicktime videos if you're unfamiliar with her:
bjork's site
Bjork Quick time videosgood links and a working "All is full of love" *** Must see video
I like this site's animated gif's

So, I wish she would release a new album already.
For those who don't know, she's dating American artist Matthew Barnes.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 838 • Replies: 8
No top replies

hobitbob

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2003 08:35 pm
Okay, I must admit I think of the swedish chef on the Muppets every time I hear her name:
dum,de dumty dummm dum dobe diunkky doo
ehh borm de bing berdan
BJORK! BJORK! BJORK!
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2003 10:50 pm
The Bjork love song: http://www.brunching.com/audio/bjorksong.mp3 Laughing
0 Replies

LibertyD

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2003 12:37 am
I love Bjork, too...she's so truely original. I really appreciate her fearlessness with her art.
0 Replies

Portal Star

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2003 12:17 pm
Monger wrote:

Hahaha, great song. Thanks, Monger.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2007 03:46 pm
OK, so one time sometime right after Bjork made Debut, so that musta been 1993, my friend N, me, and the coordinator of all of us barmen and -women at the place - a thirtysomething woman named Louise who at the time seemed, like, old to me - were sitting having a drink. And Louise starts off about how she discovered Bjork and her "Debut" and isnt that a wonderful new singer?

Me, being, like, 22, I roll my eyes and explain that she was in a band before, the Sugarcubes.. that I didnt like Debut but thought the Sugarcubes had been God, and that Bjork, well, err.. well that she'd been like my teenage sex goddess.

(Err, when I was a teenager, I mean, not her.)

Seriously though, they rocked, the Sugarcubes did. Specially on Life's Too Good. Einar gave enough of an erratic roar to go with Bjorks wild-eyed pixie magic, and they were great live.

OK, so I was saying that and my friend N., who was a few years older than me, indulgently smiled upon me and then with a wink said, hell I liked 'em when they were in Kukl. Turns out that he'd been at that legendary underground Rotterdam festival that only took place for a coupla years and where Kukl played, sometime in the early 80s. Both Bjork and Einar were in Kukl too.

OK so I checked just now, and (of course) there's Kukl on YouTube. I never heard anything of theirs, so this was cool, as in funny, as in curious. Like, check this clip for "Anna". Odd, very odd. The vibe is amazingly like that of some Eastern Bloc-era alternative theatre group or something. (Anastasia says: well I guess if you live on a remote island in the Arctic circle it's kind of like living behind the Iron Curtain.)

Allright, so far so good. But did you know that Kukl itself was a merger of two other bands - a band called Purrkur Pillnikk that had Einar, and a band called Tappi Tíkarrass with Björk? Someone on YouTube uploaded part of a TV program that had both of em as well as Kukl, music and interviews. TT apparently is Icelandic for "cork that bitch's arse", and Bjork is, like, a petulant 17 year old. And, eh...

Well, look for yourself: Purrkur Pillnikk, Tappi Tíkarrass & KUKL - for Bjork fastforward to about 1:56 in Shocked
0 Replies

helmi15

Reply Sat 1 Sep, 2007 05:03 pm
good to see a bjork post.
I work in a 4 shift schedule and beside it i used to make a-levels beside work in the past 3 years.
I always listened to her album debut while learning mathematics.
No. Just kidding.
I used to learn until late at night. The whole world was silent, just bjork singing and a few numbers on the sheet in front of me.

"One day it will happen, one day it will all make sense..."
is a good passage in one of her songs.
And really... I like maths now and soon i will go to university.... Smile
Thats the story, how bjork helped me....... Smile))

What do you think of her new album Volta?
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2007 01:03 am
nimh wrote:

Seriously though, they rocked, the Sugarcubes did. Specially on Life's Too Good.

I bought that single - glad someone else likes it.

Didn't she record her first album at age 8?
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2007 09:07 am
Last time I checked, I still can't listen to Vespertine because it reminds me of nights I listened to it in my apartment, really really high, watching snow fall and listening to the radiator hiss, waiting for the girl who lent the album to me to finish her bar shift.

Which would be a fine memory and all, if it didn't make me feel old. Sentimental. Boring.
0 Replies