The Daily Kos IS a down syndrome baby.

RexRed

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2008 01:33 pm
@dagmaraka,
Quote:
Anarchists are not democrats and liberals are not uniform. I don't like Michael Moore one bit, for example.

Point taken,

...but Michael Moore is a liberal, see how that works?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2008 01:49 pm
Christians are supposed to judge things with a view toward edifying the truth.
Intrepid

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2008 09:54 pm
@RexRed,
Not in my world. Apparently, in yours. Judge not lest ye be judged.
kuvasz

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2008 11:05 pm
@RexRed,
Quote:
Christians are supposed to judge things with a view toward edifying the truth.

Since are a congenital liar how is all that working out for you?

Again, you have a childish, comic book type knowledge of Christianity

That which you refer to as "God" is beyond human imagination, beyond the categories of being and non-being, it is, and is not.... how can two different people have the same concept...of the ineffable? In choosing your God, you choose your way of looking at the universe. There are lots of Gods, choose yours. The God you worship is the God you deserve.

Simply because we all say the same name for God does not mean we have the same relationship to "that", or the same concept of what it is...and this concept of God is only a foreground of the experience.

In the Gnostic gospel according to Thomas, Jesus says, "cleave a piece of wood, I am there; lift up the stone and you will find me there.” in this manner has the historical Jesus identified himself with the Christ... or Buddha consciousness. He is living in terms, not of the ego, but of the Christ, seeing the ubiquity in all of the radiance of that which is the deepest center of being within you. ....you wont find that in the orthodoxy of Christianity, too bad, for it works....hhhmmm, maybe that's why it isn't part of the orthodoxy.

The crux of Christianity is the identification of the historical character as the only incarnation in history of the second person of the blessed trinity. The latter is a theological principle. When Paul said “I live now not I, but Christ in me,” he didn't say Jesus, the historical character, in me, he said "Christ in me.”

The problem, or distance between the church and the words of Jesus are the difference between the connotation... the spirit of the word, and the denotation... meaning it is a hard fact. This is the basis for the Christian church... the historical Jesus. But his words, even in the gospel of Thomas have to be seen as their connotation... the spirit of the meaning... and the pointing of a way to lead a good life and to seek the transcendent. This was and is the religious part of the message, a way to a truly religious or transcendent experience.

“ Tut tvam asi” is ancient Sanskrit, from the Chandogya Upanishad, which says "You are it" or "thou art that". That divinity which you seek outside, and which you first become aware of because you recognize it outside, is actually your innermost being. It's not a nice thing to say; for it's not good for institutions if people find it's all within them... it is the God within you coming out... and blasphemy to the western religions.

The divine lives within you. The separateness apparent in the world is secondary. Religion is a constellation of metaphors, ones that point to connotations that are of the spirit, not the history books.

By the way, I am a christian, with a small "c.” I believe in the teachings of Jesus as a way to the transcendent or ground of Being, but it is a “Way”, not the only “Way”.

And you sir, are still both a liar as well as a moron.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 10:04 am
@Intrepid,
Quote:
Not in my world. Apparently, in yours. Judge not lest ye be judged.

You mean not in the world you impose on Christians?

The holy spirit is within Christians so we can use the real-time judgment of God.

Give that some thought.
kuvasz

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 04:50 pm
@RexRed,
Oh dear, so you actually hear voices in your head that speak to you of God's will and you call that the Holy Spirit?

Those who don't have that affliction refer to it as Schziophrenia, and it is a mental illness, not divine presence.

I must apologise, I thought that you were actually sane. I don't normally go after the young, sick, or aged. I'll leave you alone now. Good luck dealing with those voices in your head.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/29/2024 at 01:17:42