Who here likes Noam Chomsky?

Italgato

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2003 10:33 pm
Mr. Nimh: I am fascinated by your comment concerning Posner's "tunnel vision". I found none as I read him. But perhaps I am not as discerning as you are. Would you care to share a Posner idea which demonstrated "tunnel vision"?

Thank You!
0 Replies

Italgato

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2003 10:43 pm
Mr. Nimh:

I am vrey much afraid that you are quite wrong about the mentions made of Posner.

Posner, in his book, "Public Intellectuals" has published a study of media mentions, web hits and Scholarly citiations made for "public intellectuals"during the years 1995-2000.

Chomsky, interesting enough, has 1,300 Media mentions during that time, 5,628 Scholarly cites and an ASTONISHING 46,860 web mentions,

Posner has only 1,592 Media, and 17,407 Web.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2003 10:52 pm
Italgato, your comments on various abilites and their perceive "carry over" from one field to another ie Chomsky from linguistics to foreign affairs, I do however, question from whence to hence has George W Bush carried over any expertise from any field to other field. Perhaps you might offer how he demonstrated expertise with his Harvard M.B.A in the field of business and then show for us how that translated to his expertise in the field of foreign affairs? or for that matter, could you suggest some area in which the current President as demonstrated notable expertise in any field whatsoever.
0 Replies

Italgato

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2003 11:33 pm
I don't know of any "carry over" that George Bush made from his MBA studies to the field of foreign affairs. It is difficult to carry over. That was my point.

Look at William Jefferson Clinton.

He had a person in his office who was in charge of quelling Bimbo Eruptions.

Did William Jefferson Clinton carry over expertise when he was fellated by Monica Lewinsky repeatedly?

Did William Jefferson Clinton carry over expertise after he lied about his draft status in 1992 and concerning his relationship with Jennifer Flowers?

I really don't know.

Do you?
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2003 03:54 am
Italgato wrote:
Mr. Nimh: I am fascinated by your comment concerning Posner's "tunnel vision". I found none as I read him. But perhaps I am not as discerning as you are. Would you care to share a Posner idea which demonstrated "tunnel vision"?

Ehm ... Italgato ... I was answering the question of the thread <points up at title of the thread>. I was commenting on Chomsky.

Posner only came up in my "aside", the paragraph below. So you might find we actually agree on something (i.e., Chomsky - though I'm no Chomsky expert, I just read some of his political pamphlet-like stuff, and didnt like it much).

Italgato wrote:
Mr. Nimh:

I am vrey much afraid that you are quite wrong about the mentions made of Posner. [..]

Chomsky, interesting enough, has 1,300 Media mentions during that time, 5,628 Scholarly cites and an ASTONISHING 46,860 web mentions, Posner has only 1,592 Media, and 17,407 Web.

Again, you are blatantly misreading my post - I do hope you're paying better attention when you're reading Posner, because otherwise your references to him don't count for much!

I wrote, "Italgato's last two weeks of posting must have instantly shot Posner up to the #1 spot of most mentioned references of A2K history, huh?". Note: of ... A2K history. I was being ironic and pointing out that, at the rate you're going with your references to Posner, he will soon have been referred to more often on A2K than the Bible.

Interesting info, tho. How many scholarly cites did Posner have - I mean, according to his own study? And who were the most cited "public intellectuals" in the media and on the web?
0 Replies

NeoGuin

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2003 06:01 am
I'm with msloga:

Read "Prosperous Few And Restless Many" and you'll see that a lot of the "Anti-Corporate" movement rely on his ideas.

Read "9-11" and you'll get a look at what the corporate media doesn't want us to know.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2003 06:37 am
Italgato wrote:
What does it mean??? Well, according to the writer of the book, "Poisoned Ivy" ( one Eleanor Kurlow) quote: P. 11

The Harvard Law Review has been the pinnacle of legal scholarship. among others, all of the following served as Presidents of the Review:

But that doesn't provide evidence for your claim, which concerned the Yale law review.

Italgato wrote:
Is Paul Krugman an expert in legal matters?

Is Italgato?
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2003 07:37 am
Is Mr. Italgato worth discussing anything with, you fool? Yes? Please provide a link, now.

Are you wasting your time trying to be polite and reasonable with Mr. Italgato? You really think so? Yes? Provide a link now. And I mean NOW.
0 Replies