Gully Washers in Central Alabama

mismi

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2008 01:40 pm
It's a mess here - not as bad as some places though - and at least I still have my power. Anybody else being affected by Fay?

Water is starting to inch into the garage now...

By Shannon Delcambre
Assignment Manager nbc13
Published: August 25, 2008

Some damage is being reported in central Alabama from storms associated with Tropical Depression Fay.
There are some trees down being reported in Blount County, near Allgood.
Also, Calhoun County EMA is working to confirm trees down, and possible property damage in Calhoun County, near Fort McClellan.
Shelby County EMA reported some minor flooding in Alabaster.

As of 1 p.m., Alabama Power reports 7,000 customers without power statewide, 1,500 in the Birmingham metro area, 700 in the eastern area, and about 17 in the western area.

Delta Airlines reports one flight has been cancelled out of the Birmingham International Airport, due to the severe weather.
That flight is Flight 824, scheduled at 3:26 p.m.

cjhsa

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2008 01:50 pm
@mismi,
For several years now, TWC has lamented about how dry it was in the southeast. Now, you finally get the rain you needed, and they are going to lament that it is too wet. Go figure.
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2008 01:53 pm
@mismi,
I hope we get some of that here in NE Georgia 2 Cents
mismi

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2008 01:55 pm
@cjhsa,
yeah...I'm bad like that - especially when my crawl space is flooded and starting to come into the garage. Over all - really thankful for the rain. It is truly a mess though. You are such a kind, compassionate person cjhsa. I can see why you are so well loved. Wink
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2008 01:59 pm
@H2O MAN,
I can't believe you aren't - it looks like it's hitting the corner of NW Georgia...maybe she'll spread out some more and you will get the rain you need.
Linkat

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2008 02:26 pm
@cjhsa,
Needed rain is one thing - flooding another.

Hope it slows down for you Mismi
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2008 02:39 pm
@mismi,
Oy, I hope the rain stops for you and you won't have any more water in your garage, mismi. We got flooded once at the beach after a huge storm, and it's a mess to clean up. So I hope you're spared more damage.
mismi

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2008 04:32 pm
@CalamityJane,
Thank you Linkat and Jane...It has slowed some. Nice and green outside. I love the look. The water has not come up any further either....I am wet vaccing every once in a while...Probably will have to get a sump pump after this.

I can't imagine getting really flooded Jane...sorry you had to go through that.
I like your new avatar...pretty!
realjohnboy

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2008 04:44 pm
@mismi,
Keep an eye on Gustav, the next storm. The path doesn't look good for your region.
Here in VA, we are supposed to get rain, possibly heavy, on Wednesday.
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2008 04:58 pm
@mismi,
Quote:
I can't believe you aren't - it looks like it's hitting the corner of NW Georgia...maybe she'll spread out some more and you will get the rain you need.

Just a few quick showers so far, not enough to penetrate the canopy and wet the ground beneath.

Heavy rain and Thunder storms are forecast through Wednesday though...
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2008 05:28 pm
@realjohnboy,
My folks live in Mobile right on the Bay near the coast. They got washed out in Katrina because of how close they lived to the bay...water pushed right up the river and gutted their house. We love hurricane season.

I will keep an eye on it RJB. Thank you!

Glad you will be getting some good rain H2O - we really have needed it also.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2008 10:05 pm
@mismi,
Thank you! Very Happy

Brace yourself for the next storm. You should get some sand bags filled just
in case, mismi.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Gully Washers in Central Alabama
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 06:00:05