Winnie-the-Pooh held for Tokyo robbery

Reyn

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2008 08:50 pm
Can you believe it, huh? Young punks dressed in Winnie garb. What's next, and who is safe?

-----------------------------

Winnie-the-Pooh held for Tokyo robbery

TOKYO (Reuters) - Japanese police have arrested a 10-year-old boy who attacked and robbed two people after they stared at his Winnie-the-Pooh costume, officials said on Tuesday.

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h246/Reyn2244/W-T-P.jpg
The Winnie street thug is sporting his mugging wear here.

Masayuki Ishikawa was hanging out on a Tokyo street corner after midnight last month while wearing the cuddly costume, accompanied by two friends dressed as a mouse and a panther, when he took offence at being stared at, police said.

"It's uncommon to see people dressed up like this, so the victims were watching them. Then the perpetrator came up and said 'What are you staring at?'" a police spokesman said.

Ishikawa and his friends beat up the two victims and stole $160 from them, the spokesman said, adding the group had apparently donned the unusual garb because they had run out of clean clothes.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,209 • Replies: 5
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2008 09:27 am
Is he hiding out in Kanga's pouch?
Reyn

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2008 03:49 pm
@jespah,
Ah, hmmmm......no? Thanks for dropping in though. I'm feeling a little lonely in H.I. land these days.

---------------------------

Kanga (African garment)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A simplified illustration of a kanga. (1) pindo; (2) mji; (3) jina. The jina of this kanga is Bahati ni upepo sasa upo kwangu, which can be translated as "Luck is like the (blowing of the) wind, now it is on my side"The kanga (sometimes khanga, meaning "guinea hen" in Swahili, for its brilliant colors) is a colourful garment similar to kitenge, worn by women and occasionally by men throughout Eastern Africa. It is a piece of printed cotton fabric, about 1,5m by 1m, often with a border along all four sides (called pindo in Swahili, the East African lingua franca), and a central part (mji) which differs in design from the borders. Kangas are usually very colorful.
nimh

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2008 06:46 pm
@Reyn,
Reyn wrote:

Ah, hmmmm......no? Thanks for dropping in though.

Kanga -- one of Winnie the Pooh's friends

http://us.penguingroup.com/static/packages/us/yreaders/pooh75/characters/images/kanga.jpg
Reyn

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2008 07:54 am
@nimh,
Laughing Thanks for that, I had no idea! I guess I was never a Winnie fan when I was young.
nimh

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2008 09:09 am
@Reyn,
Kanga's kid was called Roo Smile

It's funny - I remember reading Winnie the Pooh when I was a kid, probably my mum had gently encouraged me, and thinking it was boring. Didnt get what the big deal was. Then I got, for some reason, this really nice edition of Pooh's complete stories or whatnot for my birthday when I was 25 or something, and I didnt look at it until a few years later when things were rough, and I was sick one day. Started reading, and loved it. So funny, so sweet.

So maybe you should give it another try Razz
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Winnie-the-Pooh held for Tokyo robbery
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 04:34:06