Are there common traits in people who create true change?

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 12:58 pm
My daughter asked me this in the car this morning, and we talked about how people need vision and an ability to inspire many to act ethically, but our discussion was not too specific. Perhaps specifics make change veer one way or another... I think there must be some core traits, some people are born with them, but are there others that can be learned? Is there any difference in outcome if the trait is a learned one rather than one part of the person's nature?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 630 • Replies: 2
No top replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 05:39 pm
I do not believe there are identifiable "common traits" in people who create true change. Most are interested in public service, but one has to wonder what that really means, because so many of them have no ethics or make the wrong choices in their personal and/or public lives.

Mother Theresa is an exception to all the preconceived ideas about true humanitarianism; she was an "angel" inside and outside of her persona without any ulterior motives.
spendius

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2008 12:47 pm
@cicerone imposter,
That's a moot point c.i.

Professor Greer worked your saint over in the public prints.

Florence Nightingale is said to have caused 10,000 unnecessary deaths by her idiotic do-gooding.

I don't think people individually cause change. They are instruments in a process.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Are there common traits in people who create true change?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/18/2024 at 11:14:59