I'm so worried about her

sozobe

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2008 04:24 pm
@Diest TKO,
Wow, that sounds like the best possible outcome!

Thanks for the update.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2008 04:24 pm
@Diest TKO,
Listening, exhaling, glad re referral doc.
jespah

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2008 06:00 pm
@ossobuco,
Good news! Smile
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2008 07:11 pm
@Diest TKO,
Good news Diest. Sounds like they have a good plan of action this time and a competent team to help your friend.

If you get any info links on this new doctor's techniques, etc., please post them here. My brother is going to be going through three similar surgeries for total replacement of both knees and one hip over the next few years. Would love to pass on the doctor's info. Can you post her name so I can do some research on her? His first surgery is in 12 days.
Izzie

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2008 07:19 pm
Just found this thread.

Thinking of you TKO and the girlie.

Iz
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 09:51 am
@Butrflynet,
Kathy Deemer (or Diemer) is her name. As for the method, I'm pretty sure it's a experimental medicine that speeds up bone growth.

T
K
O
sozobe

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2008 01:24 pm
@Diest TKO,
How is your (friend? ex-gf?) doing these days, Diest?
Diest TKO

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2008 01:34 pm
@sozobe,
Oh yeah, I can give an update!

Well since her surgery she has had to wear a very large leg brace that went up her whole leg and around her waist. She was not happy about that. She went to her doctor about two weeks ago and the doctor told her that she will be able to come off of her brace next week. She is very pleased.

She has been working from home. Her work provided her a company computer for her use. They were very accommodating. Despite coming off the brace, she doesn't plan to return to work until mid November. Now that she's off the brace, she will start doing some more advanced therapy. Keep in mind that she's been off her leg since December 27th 2007. She has a goal to be able to walk again by December 27th 2008. It will have been a year will a great loss of mobility.

Otherwise, I think she is doing well. When we speak it's about normal life stuff. Normality is a good thing for her. She is making friends at work and she loves St. Louis so that is good.

No word yet on if she has found or has began to look again for a place to live. She is still living at her parents house due to the surgeries. Once that happens, I think she will feel like life is back on track. Right now, I know she struggles with being around her parents and having many conflicting world views.

As for me and her, I'm struggling to figure out how to visit her during the time I got off for Thanksgiving. Plus, I'm kind of worried about how she may act. When I last saw her in person, she emotionally unloaded on me in a way which was overwhelming. I felt like I was being held emotionally ransom. I don't know if she still has an agenda with me, or if she is really ready to be (just) my friend. I'll always love her, and hell I worry about her all the time, but I on't think I have the capacity for romance with her anymore.

T
K
O
sozobe

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2008 01:38 pm
@Diest TKO,
That makes a lot of sense, yeah.

I'm glad that things have settled down enough medically that you can start to deal with some of the lingering relationship issues.

Thanks for the update, and I hope she meets her Dec '08 goal...
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 11:28:30