Judas Priest Show Review

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2008 10:27 am
Holy ****!!! They were awesome.... so tight... never missed a cue or a note...guitar attack perfect.... tone... balance in the mix perfect....Halford sang some counter melodies in Painkiller.... but other than that he was right on....did Eat Me Alive... takes on a whole new meaning when you know he's gay....opened with the title cut to Nostradamus and played Angel from last years cd...other than that a greatest hits show...

Heaven and Hell were good but everything they did turned into a 10 or 15 minute Tony Iommi blues based metal jam with a LOT of special effects and more noise than actual playing if you know what I mean... Dio's voice was spot on and powerful as hell though.... the mix wasn't as good for them.... they may have been even louder than Priest ... but piercing..., Dio was really a hair too upfront in the mix.... but man that's a lot of voice for such a little guy.

Motorhead.... fun but they're no headliners....

Testament... who gives a ****? Drank wine in the parking lot during their set...

They only drew 9000 people... and that was a huge market to draw from.... I can understand why they wouldn't come to NC... if that's all they can do where there are 10 million to draw from within a 90 minute drive from the venue they would crash and burn for sure around here...too bad.... they were prctically flawless
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 801 • Replies: 6
No top replies

littlek

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2008 04:34 pm
Re: Judas Priest Show Review
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

Heaven and Hell were good but everything they did turned into a 10 or 15 minute Tony Iommi blues based metal jam with a LOT of special effects and more noise than actual playing if you know what I mean... Dio's voice was spot on and powerful as hell though.... the mix wasn't as good for them.... they may have been even louder than Priest ... but piercing..., Dio was really a hair too upfront in the mix.... but man that's a lot of voice for such a little guy.

Motorhead.... fun but they're no headliners....

Wait. Heaven and Hell and Motorhead played as well? And in your other thread you didn't mention that? <slapslapslap>
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2008 04:36 pm
Yes, littlek. I was just thinking the same thing! Where was that, bear?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2008 04:43 pm
northern va just outside of DC...
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2008 04:47 pm
they're all around you in the next week or so k.... upstate NY, Long island, toronto, hartford...good show.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2008 04:49 pm
Yeah well...... maybe next time.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2008 04:54 pm
I can't believe Dio can still sing like that....he just turned 66...Halford at 57 is just a pup....
0 Replies