World's most useless gadgets

Reyn

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 12:42 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Poor banannas...

Do you happen to know the point of this gadget? I'm not really sure.

cjhsa wrote:
The idea is that you have a powered can opener but not one taking up counter space. Trouble is, these are rechargeable, and if you store them in a drawer, they discharge...

Yup, there's nothing like the old dependable hand can opener. works every time!
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 01:31 pm
Reyn wrote:
McGentrix wrote:
Poor banannas...

Do you happen to know the point of this gadget? I'm not really sure.

That is a banana hanger. In theory, it is supposed to turn green bananas yellow quicker, and keep yellow bananas yellow longer. It emulates how bananas hang out in nature, or something like that.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 01:52 pm
In the south they call it a banana lyncher.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 02:56 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
That is a banana hanger. In theory, it is supposed to turn green bananas yellow quicker, and keep yellow bananas yellow longer. It emulates how bananas hang out in nature, or something like that.

You mean, if the banana hangs vertical, it ripens quicker? Weird. I would have thought temperature would have more to do with ripening quicker than how it hangs.
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 04:10 pm
Reyn wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:

You mean, if the banana hangs vertical, it ripens quicker? Weird. I would have thought temperature would have more to do with ripening quicker than how it hangs.

I think the point for them hanging means they doesn't bruise either.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/03/2024 at 03:08:13