Monkees drive them 'karaoke crazy'

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2003 01:26 pm
Monkees drive them 'karaoke crazy'
Ananova Story filed: 13:16 Sunday 14th September 2003

Daydream Believer by The Monkees is Britain's top karaoke tune, according to a new survey.

The singalong hit is the number one choice across the country.

My Way by Frank Sinatra came second followed by the ladies' favourite, I Will Survive by Gloria Gaynor.

Ol' Blue Eyes made the poll again at number four with New York, New York, and Robbie Williams was close behind with Angels.

The survey asked 1,000 people to name their favourite karaoke song.

It also asked for their least favourite - and Barbie Girl by Aqua topped the list.

Other tortuous tunes included Meatloaf's Bat Out Of Hell and My Heart Will Go On by Celine Dion.

The poll was commissioned by the Hungry Horse pub chain to launch its new Karaoke Krazy competition.

The nationwide contest is raising money for the charity Cancer BACUP and the winning singer will get a £10,000 prize.

Favourite karaoke tunes:

1 Daydream Believer - The Monkees

2 My Way - Frank Sinatra

3 I will Survive - Gloria Gaynor

4 New York, New York - Frank Sinatra

5 Angels - Robbie Williams

Least favourite:

1 Barbie Girl - Aqua

2 Bat Out Of Hell - Meatloaf

3 My Heart Will Go On - Celine Dion

4 I Will Always Love You - Whitney Houston

5 The Wind Beneath My Wings - Bette Midler
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 985 • Replies: 6
No top replies

quinn1

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2003 01:48 pm
Nice that its raising money for charity at least
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2003 01:59 pm
I remember when I first formed my karaoke company in 1990...it was fun then........
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2003 10:59 am
Bi-Polar Bear
Bi-Polar Bear, are you just going to leave us hanging in suspence?
Aren't you going to tell us anything about your karaoke company? Please!

BBB
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2003 11:13 am
I thought it was common knowledge.....I was the first person in the Southeast to do karaoke in a big way......at one time I had 31 clubs a week in a 200 mile area. I am now by choice a one man operation and one of the very few that doesn't work on the cheap. I had a couple of years there where karaoke alone was bringing in 300K a year...I financed my other ventures with that seed money...I'm sick of it...I hate it....but even as a one man thing it brings in 75 to 90 k a year part time....I can't pass that up, it's one of the main reasons that at the age of 54 I can afford to be a tattooed, pierced, long haired metal guy, the token liberal scumbag in a neighborhood of white collar professional button down collar neocons....they hate me because I am a reminder of the American dream they pretend to worship, but have NIMBY about it when it comes to me......in that respect, life is good, I am a career thorn in their sides.....and all their kids hang at my house.... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2003 01:37 pm
Bi-Polar, send my kid home please. And send some of the good stuff with him, if you don't mind.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2003 05:31 pm
I think he just snorted the last...the greedy little turd......didn't you teach him it's always polite to leave at least one rail on the Lynyrd Skynyrd mirror for the host? No breeding..........
0 Replies