What are some of you anal about?

JLNobody

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 01:50 pm
Being "anal" is having a chronic compulsion to wipe oneself.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 02:07 pm
Mame wrote:
What if you have a sloping ceiling? That must drive you nuts.

don't think i've ever seen a framed picture under one of those... thank gawd...
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 02:31 pm
mysteryman wrote:
Whenever I read the Sunday paper, it has to be put back together after I read it, with each section in its proper place in the paper, including the inserts.

MM, are you sure you're not my husband?

I have to sleep on the left side of the bed or else I can't sleep at all.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 02:45 pm
Sloping ceiling and then straight wall under it? Level...
or do you mean putting the work on the ceiling? <frowns>
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 04:05 pm
What are some of you anal about?

Wiping my butt after i poop.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 04:25 pm
ossobuco wrote:

http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/5707/slopedxq6.jpg
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 04:35 pm
Set, that's what I said.
And what about the Freudian difference between anal aggressiveness and anal retentiveness?
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 04:35 pm
Region Philbis wrote:
ossobuco wrote:

http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/5707/slopedxq6.jpg

lol, you're both funny. Osso, if you have a pitched ceiling, it's imperative to hang your art ON the ceiling because otherwise it drives you batty. They have these newfangled attachments for just that purpose now. I had a sloped ceiling and on one wall we had custom windows made that were raked to the slope - looked good. On the opposite wall though - horrors! We had no choice but to hang them on the ceiling.

:wink:

Like your diagram, RP - "floor" with an arrow Laughing
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 05:21 pm
Note it was done in AutoCad.

My quirky weirdness/anal thing is I have to turn on every printer I see at work as I walk in, if it's not on already. I mean, they're always on, but I have to wake them up. Fortunately there are only two along my route in my current place. In my last job, there were three or four printers and a photocopier.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 05:37 pm
Um, no anal tendencies here.

Um

Unless you you count folded t-shirts and tank tops in my drawers arranged by cool and hot colors. Or stopping to pull weeds in strangers' gardens. But, I think my desires for clean kitchen sponges, no double-dipping in the salsa and frequent hand-washing is just good clean living.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 05:47 pm
So wait. Suppose that ceiling line were parallel to the floor but the ceiling above pitched down to it.. then I see no problem re where the work goes, as long as the wall under the ceiling is, oh, at least five or six feet high.

But as pictured, that was just about what we dealt with in the gallery, except that the ceilings were about 15 feet high. The tops of the fin walls (in this case stud walls perpendicular to the main room walls, at about ten feet high with air between the tops of the fin walls and the true ceiling) were not level, having the stud framework pinned, as it were, to the wavyish floor. (Poor thinking ahead, of course.) Not perhaps as sloped as the diagram, but getting there. So the show lettering, which went up at around eight feet high, was placed in a level manner.

I'm still confused about putting paintings, whatever, on the ceiling. It slopes down close to the floor???

See, I told you I'm anal.

.... mulls.... depending on the ceiling, I might box it out.. if it were just one side of the room. Hard to talk about this just in words.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 08:13 pm
I was just kidding about putting paintings on the ceiling! Laughing

If you have a pitched ceiling and want to hang art, you just have to deal with the extra space... just look at the paintings and forget about the ceiling line. If you paint the ceiling the same colour as your wall it's easier done.

I don't like crooked art, either, but one thing that really bothers me is this painting in the apt I'm subletting. It's a vase of flowers on a table against a wall and the proportion of the table and wall is all wrong! wrong wrong wrong I tell you - it looks like half the vase is inside the damn wall. Every time I look at it I want to correct it - move the table line up. Also, there's not enough of one colour at the bottom of the painting. I just want to fix it! I should just hang a towel over it and be done with it.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 09:06 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
body parts must be arranged in the freezer in precise alphabetical order.

Is that by name of body part - or by the name of the person who owned that biody part, and then by body part??? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 09:22 pm
The hang a towel solution, yes. Thoughts for motel art --- the beach towel solution.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 10:28 pm
Swimpy wrote:
mysteryman wrote:
Whenever I read the Sunday paper, it has to be put back together after I read it, with each section in its proper place in the paper, including the inserts.

MM, are you sure you're not my husband?

I have to sleep on the left side of the bed or else I can't sleep at all.

I have to sleep on the side of the bed closest to the door, no matter what side that is.
But I cant fall asleep unless I am on my left side or my stomach.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2008 05:17 am
does having the need to draw a sketch to explain one's self mean you're anal, a nerd, or just inarticulate?

< mulling over the choices >
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2008 04:45 pm
You're very articulate.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 06:28:04