What are some of you anal about?

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 09:47 am
There arent many things I'm particularly anal about, but there are a few.

When I go to the grocery store, and park near those outside "cart corrals" where people are supposed to leave their carts, I cant just walk by it.
I have to stop and straighten the carts so that there is room for more carts.
I dont know why I do it, I just do.

And the books in my bookcase have to be in order, from the tallest to the shortest.
And if I have a series of books, they must be in my bookcase in the order they were written.

What things are you anal about like that?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,279 • Replies: 36
No top replies

Rockhead

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 09:53 am
Odd little noises in my car.

It drives me crazy till I find it. Last one was a loose shock tower bolt...
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 10:07 am
Mr. B is no longer allowed to put clean sheets on the bed because a couple of times he put the wrong side up and while I was laying there on my belly reading that little seam knob drove me absolutely nuts.

I hate those little seam knobs.

Other than that, I'm about as un-anal as you can get.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 10:27 am
I rip out and throw away any advertisement inserts before reading a magazine.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 11:05 am
Being on time.

Deadlines.

Gotta remove the charazzas from eggs before I can eat them.

Have to remove all tendons, gristle and fat, too, from chicken and meats... ick.

White wine has to be super-cold.

Don't like two pages stapled together when they don't exactly line up. Smile
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 11:09 am
picture frames on walls MUST be parallel to the ceiling...
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 11:16 am
What if you have a sloping ceiling? That must drive you nuts.
0 Replies

Shapeless

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 11:21 am
I can't drive a car if the doors aren't locked. It seems like common sense to me, but the missus doesn't seem to have the same hang-up.

I can't fall asleep in any room if its doors (including the closets) are not closed.

My CDs--all the hundreds and hundreds of them--have to be in alphabetical order. For some reason my cassettes and LPs are allowed to be exempt from this rule, but my CDs are not. (This usually results in some amusing juxtapositions, like Bach next to the Bangles and the Velvet Underground next to Wagner.)

If I'm eating a burger and fries, I will do my best to time it such that I finish both at roughly the same time. If I see that eating one more fry will put my Remaining Fry Level dangerously below my Remaining Burger Level, I will refrain from eating fries until the balance is restored.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 11:22 am
I cannot leave dishes in the sink, drives me nuts,
also all beds have to be made in the morning.

Gosh, I have become my mother Shocked
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 11:32 am
body parts must be arranged in the freezer in precise alphabetical order.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 11:34 am
Whenever I read the Sunday paper, it has to be put back together after I read it, with each section in its proper place in the paper, including the inserts.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 11:35 am
Shapeless wrote:
If I'm eating a burger and fries, I will do my best to time it such that I finish both at roughly the same time. If I see that eating one more fry will put my Remaining Fry Level dangerously below my Remaining Burger Level, I will refrain from eating fries until the balance is restored.

That's funny. I tend to eat my way around my plate, eating all of one food and then all of another. I've been known to turn my plate so that the food I'm eating is closest to me.

Other than that I'm not anal about anything. Nope, not me Razz

Actually, I don't call it anal. I just have deeply ingrained habits.
0 Replies

Shapeless

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 11:39 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
body parts must be arranged in the freezer in precise alphabetical order.

Do fingers and toes get grouped together, or would pinky toes come in between index fingers and ring fingers?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 11:39 am
Aha. We had an art gallery..

We also had a place that was cattywampus, with floors somewhat crowned in the middle and otherwise slopeing in an irregular fasion, with walls unstraight re verticality, ceiling also at various angles to walls depending on which end of the 1880 building you were looking at.

We hung all paintings, etc. level, and at eye level for what is deemed the average eye. Or if stacked, stacked with a balance or harmony toward the full length of the hung paintings/works.

Crooked drives me nutso, and I use adhesive art gum to hold a work straight. Well, I did in earthquakeville, not so much here in New Mexico.

There is a trend in picture hanging where people do sort of an up down up down up down thing. I try to be quiet about this. Our local best coffee shop revelled in this. Supposed to be freeing from the old line thing, but to me it distracts from looking at the actual work. Busyness in the way of looking. (Opinionated enough for ya?)

I also crave centering, if appropriate, in a design that has an underlying symmetrical basis, though not all designs do. But if they do, I don't want something one inch off. Same with lining up edges, if, again, it is appropriate to the design. If I put a patio off of the house, it generally aligns with edge-of-house or edge-of-a window trim, or is centered on a door, or some similar attention to what the patio is adjacent to.

This all doesn't mean that I mind a mess - see my kitchen counter, I'm usually fine with messes - or don't enjoy abstract composition.

Please step a little bit to the left..
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 11:41 am
all fingers could be filed as f.... I'm not THAT anal.... thumbs however would have to be filed separately from fingers.......and before toes...
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 11:56 am
BBB
I'm constantly picking up Dolly's and Maddy's toys and returning them to their ground level shelf. The damn dogs won't put their toys back when they have finished playing them. I do this several times in a day to prevent me from tripping on the toys and falling down-go boom!

I tend to avoid symmetry. My once a month cleaning woman always moves things from off-center to create symmetry when she dusts. After she leaves, I move everything back to the way I like their vignette. It's a game we play. Example: * ** my choice. * * * her choice.

BBB
0 Replies

Shapeless

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 12:01 pm
If I'm reading a book I like, I won't put it down until I get to the end of a chapter. Meetings, dinner, and sleep can wait... I won't stop in mid-sentence or mid-paragraph.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 12:03 pm
Re: BBB
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
I'm constantly picking up Dolly's and Maddy's toys and returning them to their ground level shelf. The damn dogs won't put their toys back when they have finished playing them. I do this several times in a day to prevent me from tripping on the toys and falling down-go boom!

I tend to avoid symmetry. My once a month cleaning woman always moves things from off-center to create symmetry when she dusts. After she leaves, I move everything back to the way I like their vignette. It's a game we play.

Example: * ** my choice. * * * her choice.

BBB
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 12:13 pm
"I tend to avoid symmetry. My once a month cleaning woman always moves things from off-center to create symmetry when she dusts."

I'm fine with off center, though I tend to play around the golden mean. Just that, say, if a walk is centered at a door, I don't want it off by an inch.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 12:15 pm
I had an artist friend visit my house up north from hers in San Diego. She rearranged my mantle. I had trouble not strangling her. My mantle stuff is usually not symmetrical either except there will be some overall balance maybe not immediately obvious and perhaps relating to things not on the mantle.. Grrrrrr. But I know she couldn't help herself.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » What are some of you anal about?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 01:04:18